Sign in to follow this  
Flightsim Phil

737 Overhead!

Has anybody seen this yet???http://www.simw.com/hardware/v737-overhead.htmlLooks awesome!!! Could be the belated Christmas present I need to buy myself! Need that SDK though PMDG!! Let's hope the lawyers work this out soon....Phil

Agreed,really bad,and look at the dimensions,it is really small

Agreed. You're better off going to one of those sites that provides the toggles and all that as a package that you assemble yourself. If I'm paying that much, I want at least a fake APU EGT and Press gauge inset. Even if it doesn't swing the needle, the paint just looks cheap.

Kyle Rodgers

Agree with everyone on that. I'll build you better for that price (way better). It doesn't even have any analog gauges. My overhead was as real as it gets and that's now over 10 years old. Makes that one look like a toy ("Made by Mattel").I used Flight Deck Solutions panels in the long run (many others were tested and trashed due to craptastic backlighting and incorrect cut outs).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I used Flight Deck Solutions panels in the long run (many others were tested and trashed due to craptastic backlighting and incorrect cut outs).
If I had thousands of dollars to spend, and a suitable basement...They do some great work, though. There's a basement sim right up the road from me that we use for WorldFlight every year that uses their stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

Opencockpits is very good.Here is a fully assembled OH panel, complete with backlight, gauges, and displays. You can build it yourself for less. Their site has just about everything you'd need to build a full blown 737 cockpit.http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/overhead-fully-assembled-p-325.htmlOVH1b.jpgovh5s.jpgovh2.jpg

The only problem is you will not be able to use this with the NGX.SDK or no SDK.You will need to find custom software and I wish you luck.Fred.

Isn't that a beauty. Alas just a pipe dream for me since i am now at the 'Condo' stage of my life.Edit. i am obviously reffering to the Opencockpits Overhead.

Edited by wanabflyer

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The only problem is you will not be able to use this with the NGX.SDK or no SDK.You will need to find custom software and I wish you luck.
I'm not sure how the toggles show up to the OS, but couldn't you map them using FSUIPC and the keystrokes in the FMC? It'd be a bear without the SDK, but I suppose that's where your custom software comment comes in...

Kyle Rodgers

The only problem is you will not be able to use this with the NGX.SDK or no SDK.You will need to find custom software and I wish you luck.Fred.
Why would that be? The SDK's gonna let just about anything work provided the company makes drivers or you know how to program them yourself.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Why would that be? The SDK's gonna let just about anything work provided the company makes drivers or you know how to program them yourself.
I think he was saying currently it's either a custom program, ported through FSUIPC or something, or nothing...until the SDK.

Kyle Rodgers