Sign in to follow this  
Flightsim Phil

737 Overhead!

That looks very ugly!! and nothing like the real overhead of a 737. Plus, What a rip off!! No way would I spend an excess of 1K on that!!

That Opencockpit one looks great... Next step you gonna need to get a real 737 nose...

Guest lulu47

Hi,Take a look on here, professional products coming from:http://www.flightsim...om/default.aspxPersonnally I used TQ Lite throttles (see pictures in attachment, also overhead pictures), very good product, I used he TQ since one year and works great, also very good support by email, respons to any questions or technical problem within the 24h.Enjoy!Nile Daniel

Edited by lulu47

I think the OP overhead is great, but not the price. It's not geared for cockpit builders, folks. You're missing the point. It's a small representation of the overhead, made to sit on a desk vertically. Very neat idea!Linking $3000+ cockpit building parts seems a little ridiculous given the OP.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I wish I had 260.000 euro! Not! Nice to dream though.2 The wife wouldn't be happy Lol

Edited by megs8888

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

If it was $400+ $50 for shipping I think it would be a good buy. I am not building a homemade cockpit anytime soon if at all. This is a nice thing to have above a monitor or on the side easy to use and set up etc.. But the price is high and being in the US I would not want to guess how much shipping would cost. For what it is the price is outrageous. I would easily spend $400-500 on it. It might not be great but beats clicking with the mouse on the screen now. Now that throttle quad looks awesome from the post above. Overhead panel looks great and if it's cheaper than what the op posted that's pretty good but it also requires a lot more room, effort etc..

Edited by miami747

Agree with everyone on that. I'll build you better for that price (way better). It doesn't even have any analog gauges. My overhead was as real as it gets and that's now over 10 years old. Makes that one look like a toy ("Made by Mattel").I used Flight Deck Solutions panels in the long run (many others were tested and trashed due to craptastic backlighting and incorrect cut outs).
If you can build me a Flightdeck Solutions overhead panel that will work with the NGX for less than the cost of the VR Insight unit, I will wire you the money this afternoon!!!Phil

If you can build me a Flightdeck Solutions overhead panel that will work with the NGX for less than the cost of the VR Insight unit, I will wire you the money this afternoon!!!Phil
Haha, sure thing, Phil. I actually may have my choice of words congested there, but that was two different statements. One being I could do much better than that for the money, and the other being what I had a decade ago ;)But you're more than welcome to wire me money if you're ever just feeling generous (or drunk). beer2.gif

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The VRi overhead is interesting for what it is - an entry level panel with no construction required. VRi software doesn't seem brilliant so I wonder how the drivers will go for what will be a complex piece of kit.My cockpit setup is pretty basic but I've realised that I don't need hardware control of most of the overhead....Well, I've just counted after typing that and I have 39 controls (including 7 rotary switches) in use for overhead functions. Not sure if that is a lot, but I'm guessing there's about twice that many functions on the foward OH panel.That gear does look nice, it's just that I'm still keen to fly VC and I don't see how a 'real' overhead panel fits with that plan.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."