Sign in to follow this  
cattz

Upload file descriptions being changed

I refer only to my own uploaded files in this.I've noticed recently that some details of file uploads have been changed from the uploaders original text. In the repaints section the 'model' makers name has (sometimes) been added to the authors. Fair enough - although they did not upload the file.I now notice that in my last upload the description has also been changed. Why is this? and why is this being done without the authors permission? If there are obvious mistakes then OK, but I rather take exception to having my upload description text altered without any explanation.

We generally try not to change the description field text - we aim to only correct things and remove anything deemed inappropriate. Sometimes it is necessary to add some information to the description to clarify exactly what the file is and if any other files are needed. Other times the uploaded description can be way too long and we have to shorten it otherwise it will take a lot of space to display. We get a lot of strange texts uploaded sometimes and have to work things out.I think your uploads are usually OK - I don't remember having to do much detailed modifying on any of your repaint descriptions.Which upload's description are you unhappy with? - let me know the filename\s, what description you wanted to appear and I'll take a look.

Thanks for your response Momtchil. It was only the file: 'aia_md83_dutch_antilles_express' which I had concerns about. The fact that I have used the same file desciption for over 300 uploads over more than 6 years, just yesterday the library deemed the text needs changing!It's not so much what was changed and what to, just the fact that it wasn't needed to be changed at all. It certainly hasn't been in the past, so why now?Other files only refer to the adding of model makers name which has only recently been changed .As I said in my OP that's fair enough but maybe should be requested in the upload form.RegardsSymon Long

Edited by cattz

OK - what do you want the description changed to?File was processed by our newest staff member who has taken his duties to heart and thanks to whom files in the library are being processed extra quickly and accurately!Including the creator of the aircraft the repaints are for in the author field is done at the discretion of the library manager. Also some uploaders do that anyway as it helps users find their file when searching for repaints for a given model.Please send these types of things to the library e-mail - it is very easy to miss these important requests in the forums. When sent to the library e-mail we all see it and a response is guaranteed.

OK - what do you want the description changed to?
As it was when first uploaded please.I appreciate the explanation and response.RegardsSymon Long

As it was when first uploaded please.I appreciate the explanation and response.RegardsSymon Long
Symon,I have no idea what it was like when first uploaded, didn't see it.Send me the text or post it here and I'll update it on the library

File was processed by our newest staff member who has taken his duties to heart and thanks to whom files in the library are being processed extra quickly and accurately!
And just ten days later he finds this post on the forum! :wink: don't tend to browse this side of the forum that often since it's not usually that popular.@Cattz - I'm really sorry if i've disrespected you in any way and like Momtchil said, i'm learning from the bottom up :smile: Please accept my apologies! You do great work for the community.

@Sam, I've been offline for a couple of weeks so I've only now just found your reply.Of course your apology (not really needed) is accepted and no disrespect was felt by me. I appreciate all the work that is done by library staff.My posting was a simple enquiery and a simple explanation and correction was all that was needed.RegardsSymon Long