Sign in to follow this  
Gmac580

Couple items

First off, I have to say hats off to Carenado. I haven't had the opportunity to test it out alot yet, but what I have been able to do, I have to say well done....espcially the night lighting in the VC.....unbelievable!I have noticed a few items; maybe its just me but wondering if anyone else is expierencing these:1) Beacon light....cant seem to find one on the model (even selecting L) or on the checklist. Been awhile since I flew IRW, but I always thought that the beacon was required for an aircraft (excluding experimental) per the FAR's anytime an engine is in operation.2) I cannot decrease/increase the VS on either the AP or the AVSS as detailed in the manual. The PFD knob works though.3) Pressurization setting....cannot turn the cruise alt for the auto pressurizationCheers,Gmac

I believe the anti-collision lights requirement (always for night; or required for day if the aircraft was certified after March 11, 1996) is satisfied by a rotating beacon or strobes. I don't think you need both. I could be wrong though.

1) No beacon, a lot of Arrows and Cub's do not have beacons, just strobes. And Intrigue you are correct per 91.205.2) You have a regular mouse correct? I.e. one with a mouse wheel? You can a) select V/S on the PFD, and use the lower left knob on the PFD to change the value by clicking on it, +/- appears, or use your mouse wheel while hovering over it. You have to be somewhat quick, as it will revert back to heading after several seconds if the value is not changed. There is also a panel above the PFD which you can click and change the values there, it's a small rectangular box where you'll see, amongst other things, ALT and VS buttons along the bottom. Use the knob to their right with mouse wheel to change value.3) Sometimes I have trouble getting it to move as well, just have to click and drag in a left or right motion until it moves. (Left should increase value, right decrease)Hope this helps.

Edited by dmbusmc

VS can be adjusted on the preselector, if you switch the FD/AP switch to the FD setting (or the AP setting).

Bert

1) No beacon, a lot of Arrows and Cub's do not have beacons, just strobes. And Intrigue you are correct per 91.205.
Just in case folks are interested, 91.205 references "part 23 of this chapter". They are referring to 23.1401, in which it is made clear that the lights must be aviation red or aviation white and meet certain flash and intensity requirements.

Just in case folks are interested, 91.205 references "part 23 of this chapter". They are referring to 23.1401, in which it is made clear that the lights must be aviation red or aviation white and meet certain flash and intensity requirements.
Indeed!

If I remember correctly anticollision lights of any sort were only required for aircraft certificated after a certain date (which escapes me). After that date either red or white anti collision lights were required, but not both. The Malibu would have been certificated after that date. Many airplanes do have both, but I've also seen several Mooney's that didn"t have red beacons.If an aircraft has a red beacon it is recommended practice to turn it on prior to engine start, but I don't think it is required by rule (in the US anyway).When I owned an airplane I was taught that it was good parctice to leave the beacon switch on all the time. That way you couldn't walk away leaving the master switch on without seeing the beacon flashing. Prevents dead batteries.

If I remember correctly anticollision lights of any sort were only required for aircraft certificated after a certain date (which escapes me). After that date either red or white anti collision lights were required, but not both.
Correct for day VFR, as posted above, but, for VFR night operations, per 91.205 (para c.)(3) all aircraft must have red or white anticollision systems, (and any anticollision lighting system installed after August 11, 1971 on an aircraft which was certificated before August 11, 1971, must meet the light standards of parts 23, 24, 27, or 29 of the 14 CFR). Edited by dmbusmc

If an aircraft has a red beacon it is recommended practice to turn it on prior to engine start, but I don't think it is required by rule (in the US anyway).
I don't think I've ever seen or heard it before in the CFR's, I'm pretty sure that isn't in there, but yes, definitely good practice, never turn them off unless they're on fire :(

Yes, red OR white. While many aircraft do have both I don't believe it is required.
Exactly, just one or the other.

Many thanks guys for clearing up the beacon issue; I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks LOL.Still no joy on the increase/decrease the VS on the AP or the AVSS....moving the the mouse over the knobs shows a hand but no plus or minus signs. When I use the mouse wheel, a cockpit tool bar comes up that says "Knob AP Sel" but will not change anything; maybe my mouse wheel is calibrated wrong?The knob on the PFD works perfect.Thanks again guys for the assistance!Cheers,Greg

Still no joy on the increase/decrease the VS on the AP or the AVSS....moving the the mouse over the knobs shows a hand but no plus or minus signs. When I use the mouse wheel, a cockpit tool bar comes up that says "Knob AP Sel" but will not change anything; maybe my mouse wheel is calibrated wrong?
Hmm, you got me. The AVSS doesn't have a +/-, just the PFD knob as you described, so that's correct, but the mouse wheel should work on it. I'm not sure, it could be your mouse, if you have $10 to burn you could try a cheap Walmart one to test it....only other thing I can think of is if you have your mouse wheel set up to perform some other function with FSUIPC, but doubtful. Did you get the pressurization to work?

See post below....post removed due to double submital.

Edited by Gmac580

Hi DM,I did swap out with a new mouse, still no joy on the AVSS. Yes, I did get the pressurization to work....a hand comes over the knob and I push and hold a mouse button and drag across the screen and it will turn. Funny thing, I have to do this on the C340 pressurization knob also.I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC....let me double check that....thanks for the idea! However....I think I might have narrowed it down. I was using Wheelcam and uninstalled it I was unable to use the mouse to select/change knob settings as this would move my POV. Any ideas on how to "revert" back to normal? cheers,Gmac