Sign in to follow this  
LarryYSSY

TCAS No aircraft showing

Can anyone tell me in PMDG B737NGX should aircraft in conflict show on the gauge when the warning is announced. I get the warning but no aircraft dots display on the gauge. Also when in descent should DES display above the engine gauges? I continue to display CRZ when in descent?

I'm not sure if this is relevant but worth having a look at your settings in any case. On the CDU go to PMDG set-up > Aircraft > Displays and click Next Page to get to page 6. I've attached a pic with my settings which I think are the default.

a) I have not been in active conflict in PMDG that I had a chance to look at ND yet. Traffic (within filter constraints) is shown on ND though, minimum with TRFC on on EFIS MCP.:( no, that shows current N1 limit for the engines, i.e. what will the engines go to if you press N1 button with A/T on. This is flight regime dependent, but that does not mean it shows regime of flight.for example, on take-off, you have TO, D-TO, TO1, TO2 or D-TO1 or D-TO2 depending if, and how, you use thrust reduction on take-off. TO is the highest rating engines can safely produce, but only for limited amount of time (really that might be TO Bump instead of TO on PMDG NGX, but generally, TO is the limit.) Reduced thrust is then computed so the aircraft can take-off safely under any circumstances (and reject safely)then after you take-off, on thrust reduction altitude that is defined in TAKEOFF INIT page 2, the airplane commands CLB or reduced CLB automatically.This must be lower than your take-off thrust, or at most the same, but the FMC will take care of that and pick the correct CLB rating. At some altitude, this reduction will be washed out.I am not exactly sure how CLB power is computed, but I guess it is a function of fuel economy, engine wear, climb rate, and other factors.After you reach your top of climb, you don't need the power anymore, so the max thrust is reduced to CRZ limits.There is no point in introducing a power limit for descent, which is logical. This is why CRZ stays active.Another limit you will see in your flight is G/A, which will be used in case of a go around. This will usually be close to full T/O power at current atmospheric conditions for the NGX I suppose, but in some overpowered planes such as 757 it can even be lower than CLB limit.One last N1 limit you can see is MCT, that is maximum continuos thrust an engine can produce for prolonged periods of time. Will be typically used in single engine operation.

Can anyone tell me in PMDG B737NGX should aircraft in conflict show on the gauge when the warning is announced. I get the warning but no aircraft dots display on the gauge. Also when in descent should DES display above the engine gauges? I continue to display CRZ when in descent?
Perhaps you need to adjust the zoom level of the ND in order to see aircraft that are close by?

Are you turning on the Traffic Display? (Knob marked TFC) Is "TFC" shown on the ND in the lower left? Is the transponder on TA/RA?

Steve Caffey

Steve beat me to it, but make sure your transponder is all the way over to TA/RA. If you leave it in the default position it will not show other traffic.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

If the warning is announced TA/RA is already turned on.To display it push the TFC button on the range selector on the EFIS control panel.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thanks for your advice everyone, much appreciated, will try your suggestions and see how I go.

I suspect that if you use a traffic program like UT2 where the planes follow real flight paths - as your NGX will be doing - you get more traffic around you than using default or other traffic solutions.Also I think you will see traffic on the ND without having to push the TFC button on the EFIS, when a conflict is occuring. You 'll still need the TCAS on the avionic panel switched on, though. Activating TFC on the EFIS will show you traffic that you're not in conflict with.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

When TA or RA are present with TFC turned off, only TRAFFIC (red or amber) is shown plus eventually resolution symbols on the PFD and the voices . ;)

Regards

Andrea Daviero