Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

a Fix for ctd's

i was getting a frozen screen and the sound would play and the game would resume after 15 minutes. i got this every 10-15 min. i have read over many posts and the way i did it was used nividia inspector and set fps limiter to 35fps and in game fps limiter to unlimited. then you need to download this dll file from http://www.ramoonus....-windows-7-x64/. place the dll file in you fsx main folder and in the folder with your fsx cfg. then go into settings in fsx and go to sound and change from fsx default sound device to the next one in the list you will have to do this every time when you start fsx. you can also set the fps limiter to what ever suits your computer. the jump in fps when you go from out side to cockpit can be from 15 to 70 and can cause fsx to freeze. the sound still runs with the freeze so you have to makes sure you have set the sound from default. make sure your sound card has the newest drivers. hope this works for somebody because i know the pain of not being able to play fsx for months because of freezes. this might not work for everybody but it works for me, good luck.

Edited by DeltaMD11

THIS WILL PROBABLY ONLy WORK FOR WINDOWS & USERS IT MIGHT WORK FOR VISTA. the DLL file IS A VISTA FILE!

Thanks for posting.The uiautomationcore fix is very popular here in the forums. I couldn't tell you why it hasn't been stickied! It addresses an issue where users that access the menu bar and menus in FSX get a crash to desktop, the CTD log file of course showing the uiautomationcore as the culprit. Ultimately this fix doesn't address FPS, performance, or other instabilities caused by "overstressing" the system. Only the very particular CTD I mentioned before.I'm glad the FPS limiter worked for you. :wink:Also, the .dll file isn't neccesary in your "Appdata" FSX folder.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules