Sign in to follow this  
Feartheyankees

FS9 Memory Leak

Ran into a problem recently, and even a windows reinstall couldn't fix this problem. My problem is that FS9 is having a memory leak. Usually for my system, the memory is around 400,000 to 500,000 K. However, the program now goes up to 1,000,000+ K, and goes up at a rapid rate until it freezes my computer completely. I don't think it's anything to do with scenery/add-ons, because i've flown out of many different airports with different sceneries/airplanes, and nothing is different.Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Feartheyankees

I'm not getting OOM errors, the sim runs past 1,500,000 K and eventually locks up windows. It also says on that thread it occurs for 32 bit systems, but I'm on 64 bit Windows 7.

if you disable all your addon sceneries and do a test , I think you will find it IS a scenery causing that problem.

Peter Schluter

if you disable all your addon sceneries and do a test , I think you will find it IS a scenery causing that problem.
:good:That could it be. Have a look for empty texture folders in scenery addons. This can cause it, or an corrupted Scenery (with an landclassfile).Greets

actually tried that last night. Goes to 800,000 to 900,000 which is still too high on average. Edited by Feartheyankees

Bit Defender may be constantly monitoring FS and your running add-ons for access to sensitive areas and itself have a ram problem. You can try bypassing FS and your add-ons in BD and see how it behaves. It should not however cause a ram leak.