Sign in to follow this  
ricky76

Few things I have noticed

First off, great job Carenado on another winner! I have noticed a few anomalies.I have no switch sounds. (anyone else?) or landing sounds.Fuel gauges don't move until 40gals.Fuel pressure is never in the green even with pumps on.No dome light click spot.Oil temp stays at 84-87 regardless of door position or OAT.Is it possible to change the fuel selector to rightclick for right tank and left click for left tank? Mine is reversed and I end up cutting the fuel when trying to switch tanks.

Edited by ricky76

First off, great job Carenado on another winner! I have noticed a few anomalies.
Is it possible to change the fuel selector to rightclick for right tank and left click for left tank? Mine is reversed and I end up cutting the fuel when trying to switch tanks.This one is really annoying as it is not only in this plane but also in a number of other carenado planes.. and it has been brought under carenado attention more then once.but they just do not seem to understand what the problem is or they just disregard requests.

Is it possible to change the fuel selector to rightclick for right tank and left click for left tank? Mine is reversed and I end up cutting the fuel when trying to switch tanks.This one is really annoying as it is not only in this plane but also in a number of other carenado planes.. and it has been brought under carenado attention more then once.but they just do not seem to understand what the problem is or they just disregard requests.
It is a bit of a bugger eh? I allways have it in my mind to reverse my logic for the lever. But when the time comes to switch tanks, I allways cut the fuel. However, I have become quite proficient in hitting the start switch with in 3 seconds of shutdown to revive the ol' PT6A! Now that I am used to it, I may curse the fix.

I've been following real-life startup procedures for the Malibu (youtube is a great resource) and I've noticed the fuel selector in the off position shouls actually be like having it as "both". It should not cut off the engines as it does in FSX.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359694-max-rpm-and-other-things/#entry2226463

Having the fuel pump to 'off' should have a similar effect as having the fuel lines cut.

Is there anyone that knows how to mod this?

Is there anyone that knows how to mod this?

it's not if there are someone that can fix it.. It would have been fixed by us long time ago, but this is part of carenado model, so I am afraid we dont have access to that. Carenado is only one that can correct this.

I also notice no sounds when lowering flaps.

Jim

Jim,

I have flap sounds in my Malibu. I would recommend to first try adjusting the cockpit sound slider to the right and test your flaps again. When I adjust that slider to the right, it makes the flap sound inside the cockpit louder.

If that doesn't work, look in the Malibu's sound folder for the flaps.wav file to be sure you have the wav file. If you have that wav file, you should be able to hear your flaps.

If you have the wav file but still can't hear your flaps, look in the sound.cfg file for the following entry in the "Other Sounds" section of the sound cfg.-

[FLAPS]

filename=flaps

flags=0

viewpoint=1

initial_volume=30000

minimum_volume=30000

maximum_volume=30000

If the above entry is missing for some reason in your Malibu sound folder, copy and paste this one into the "other Sounds" section of the sound.cfg. Be sure and save a copy of the sound.cfg as a backup before you try and paste this entry just in case there is a problem.

I hope this helps.

Bill