Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

** UIAutomationCore.dll ** This is the correct file

You should never ever delete system files m8 that is my thoughts anyway.. the reason that the vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll file is used is to prevent FSX from using the win 7 one and that does stop the menu CTD'SYou guys at PMDG can you shed any light on this Please...I would not delete any system 32 or syswow64 files..

Edited by Steve Inwood

I did once remouve the w7 system 32 or syswow64 files and had blu screen all the time so this is not the solution

Is this the standard vista version that's usually used for fsx? I tried this fix a few weeks back and it worked suprisingly well.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

well, that is what recommended in the REX forum posted by the REX DEVs.I deleted those files and I have no issues.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Deleting the actual Win7 system files is something you should never do - I have no idea why their devs would say to do that. Those files aren't just for FSX, other programs could potentially use them and then fail to run or crash when they don't find them there. Putting the Vista version in the FSX folder forces it to use that instead of the Win7 version - that's all you need to do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Deleting the actual Win7 system files is something you should never do - I have no idea why their devs would say to do that. Those files aren't just for FSX, other programs could potentially use them and then fail to run or crash when they don't find them there. Putting the Vista version in the FSX folder forces it to use that instead of the Win7 version - that's all you need to do.
And what to do if it dosen't enough?

Hi All. Please excuse my ignorance on this. I have experienced some CTDs when using menus so want to make this change. When I search for the UIAutomationCore.dll file I find it in:ComputerWinVista©WindowsSystem32. Despite the Vista reference on my hard disc I use 64 bit W7. Whe you make reference to dropping the file into the FSX folder, what does that mean given where it currently appears to be?Thanks for any adviceJohn Gilbert

Hi All. Please excuse my ignorance on this. I have experienced some CTDs when using menus so want to make this change. When I search for the UIAutomationCore.dll file I find it in:ComputerWinVista©WindowsSystem32. Despite the Vista reference on my hard disc I use 64 bit W7. Whe you make reference to dropping the file into the FSX folder, what does that mean given where it currently appears to be?Thanks for any adviceJohn Gilbert
Hi John... All you need to do is download the version i have uploaded at the thop of thie thread and drop it in your main fsx root folder thats it . This will tell Microsoft to use that one instead of the win 7 one dont worry about the one's in win7 they are for the system and MUST NOT BE TOUCHED!

SteveThanks for the response. I'm going to prove my ignorance again! Becasue I use W7 I seem to have various bits of FSX all over the place. Could you point me in the direction of the "fsx root" folder.CheersJohn

SteveThanks for the response. I'm going to prove my ignorance again! Becasue I use W7 I seem to have various bits of FSX all over the place. Could you point me in the direction of the "fsx root" folder.CheersJohn
Yeah no worries as follows. Local Drive :C / Programme Files x86 / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator.. Just drop it in there fella.Regards Steve

Steve. Thanks again. I did find that folder but it seemed to hold only fonts and a shortcut to internet support. However, I have done as you suggested and copied the dll into there. I'll see how I get on.RegardsJohn

Dear All,At first I'd like to thank you very much for that file that finally have me salvation from my chronic problem with the Level D 767.I would just like to add a piece of information that might be useful here. My problem with the 767 was always happening at anytime I try to use the Ground Commands menu, which makes it a lot easier to trace the problem and reproduce it. Every single time I try to open this menu (a menu featured in the Level D 767 only), the system CTDs at once.When I downloaded your file (which really seams the first correct file I get to use), the problem was instantly cured, and I was able to run the menu normally without problems. But actually after my first restart, the problem reappeared again although the file is still in its place in the FSX root folder.After my previous search over the forums, I got to know that, most probably you have to register this file in the system registry so as to keep its effect at all times, and avoid the need to remove and recopy it each time you restart your system.Actually after I did this registration, the problem looks like gone for good!To register the file, open a new command prompt (write CMD in the RUN field), then navigate by DOS commands to the FSX root folder where you have put file, and finally write down the following command:REGSVR32 UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLLPress ENTER, and you should see a message confirming successful registration of the file.

Steve. Thanks again. I did find that folder but it seemed to hold only fonts and a shortcut to internet support. However, I have done as you suggested and copied the dll into there. I'll see how I get on.RegardsJohn
I think thats the wrong fsx the one steve is talking about is where you have installed your pmdg aircraft etc. and all your fsx aircaft are in here as well as well. as other modules.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete. Thanks for that. I did wonder. I have now placed it in the only location I can find which has all the PMDG aircraft and other fsx planes. Fingers crossed!John