Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

What I expect/Hope to see from the PMDG 777, feel free to add agree/disagree

So from the NGX's quality I've got pretty high expectations from the PMDG 777. Here's a list of what I hope to be included!-First thing first a realistic VC which I don't have to hope for with PMDG! I ask for no 2D Panel but I would like a Pop Out FMC, Overhead and maybe the PFD,ND and ECIAS screens pop out when we click them? The Overhead and FMC would be to make it a little easier to do certain things. -Realistic Exterior and coluoring of wings.-Possibly a Taxi Cam on the 300 series.-Weather Radar/TERR (Not sure if they have one in the NGX)-EFB? Could this be possible? Or the load manager very similar to one that will give us all the weight info, speeds etc.-High quality on screen check-list along with all other functions.-Realistic times for things like the APU and engines to start.-Ground Strobes,Nav Lights & Beacon at night. (All possible on the 777!)-Possibly a choice between cockpit textures, one looking new and one worn? Maybe that's something an editor could do?-GE,RR & P&W Choices throughout the 777 series where acceptable.-Realistic sounds especially from those GE90-115B's!-Better performance on lower end machines that can run FSX!-Possibly a Company page with the checklists to do Position Reports, even if it does nothing and means nothing it still adds to the realism! Even CPDLC Log on page!-Comes with perfect AES files ;)-Be able to see the nose from the glare shield, similar to what Aerosoft done with there Airbus I believe?-When the speedbrakes come up on Touchdown that the three end ones have a gap in between. Also when doing Control Checks they come up like they do on the real T7. As well when using them on decent they come up exactly the same, normally 2 come up then when they get pulled over 1/2 way another 3rd one pops up.-Not all at once but every variant would be AMAZING! That consists of the 777-200/ER/LR/F 777-300/ER.. Maybe a 777-8/9X in the future ;).-The perfect wing. The wing has to be one of the best things about the 777.. No one has got it right but I don't doubt PMDG wont!That's it for now! But this is a wish-list, not saying PMDG will do everything but I do think a lot of it is possible!Feel free to comment or add!Yes... I'm very excited!

So from the NGX's quality I've got pretty high expectations from the PMDG 777. Here's a list of what I hope to be included!-First thing first a realistic VC which I don't have to hope for with PMDG! I ask for no 2D Panel but I would like a Pop Out FMC, Overhead and maybe the PFD,ND and ECIAS screens pop out when we click them? The Overhead and FMC would be to make it a little easier to do certain things. - Just press "A" and you can move around the VC to the various points. No need for click ups.-Realistic Exterior and coluoring of wings. - PMDG is known for quality?-Possibly a Taxi Cam on the 300 series. - Interesting, but don't know of the limitations-Weather Radar/TERR (Not sure if they have one in the NGX) - Sigh, not going to happen with FSX. Period-EFB? Could this be possible? Or the load manager very similar to one that will give us all the weight info, speeds etc. - Interseting-High quality on screen check-list along with all other functions. - Well if PSS could do it in the fs2000 days, then I am 110% PMDG will do it in 2012/2013-Realistic times for things like the APU and engines to start. - Of course, they did it with the 737 so I dont see why it will be an issue-Ground Strobes,Nav Lights & Beacon at night. (All possible on the 777!) - Again, I am sure they can make it happen.-Possibly a choice between cockpit textures, one looking new and one worn? Maybe that's something an editor could do? - Interesting-GE,RR & P&W Choices throughout the 777 series where acceptable. - Possible-Realistic sounds especially from those GE90-115B's! - They did it with the 737 so I dont see why it wont be done.-Better performance on lower end machines that can run FSX! - Possible-Possibly a Company page with the checklists to do Position Reports, even if it does nothing and means nothing it still adds to the realism! Even CPDLC Log on page! - Interesting-Comes with perfect AES files ;) - Don't know what you mean by this?-Be able to see the nose from the glare shield, similar to what Aerosoft done with there Airbus I believe? - I am sure they will do a proper cockpit view so what you see in real life you will see on this...-When the speedbrakes come up on Touchdown that the three end ones have a gap in between. Also when doing Control Checks they come up like they do on the real T7. As well when using them on decent they come up exactly the same, normally 2 come up then when they get pulled over 1/2 way another 3rd one pops up. - I am sure they can do this-Not all at once but every variant would be AMAZING! That consists of the 777-200/ER/LR/F 777-300/ER.. Maybe a 777-8/9X in the future ;). - Possible a -200 base pack then extensions at a further price.-The perfect wing. The wing has to be one of the best things about the 777.. No one has got it right but I don't doubt PMDG wont! - Yeah I agree. I am sure it can be doneThat's it for now! But this is a wish-list, not saying PMDG will do everything but I do think a lot of it is possible!Feel free to comment or add!Yes... I'm very excited!

The 777's FBW in most modes doesn't "augment" the way that the Airbus's does - in general it flies like a normal plane. There's a few protections for various things, but it doesn't override or modify pilot inputs like the Airbus.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

in general it flies like a normal plane. There's a few protections for various things, but it doesn't override or modify pilot inputs like the Airbus.
Forgive my ignorance, but "it flies like normal plane?" as Airbus is not considered normal or Airbus doesn't fly normally operated by normal pilots? If the protection philosophy which airbus has committed to is not considered normal well with all due respect it is likely absurd. What sort of standards you are using.Cheers to You Edited by Coltrane

Well, the Airbus is just...well, weird. It flies unlike any other a/c out there. Basically, say you are rotating after take-off. Pull back on the stick until you get to, oh 15deg up. At that point, you release the stick and the bus will maintain 15 deg up until you move the stick again, engage AP or enter a potentially dangerous situation (stall). Works the same way with banking. There is just a ton of technical stuff like the different control laws it flies under.Now, a Boeing FBW functions almost the same as the old pulley and chain systems use to (just with relays that control the hydraulics). Pitch up, let go of the yoke, and the a/c will eventually pitch back down. There is protection software to prevent stalls and other fun adventures. The Airbus flies unlike any other airliner, past or present. It is very difficult for new AB pilots, it's like learning to fly all over again. I just wish someone would do a decent one. There's been a couple of promising projects but they pittered out. (You can like Boeing and Airbus! Variety is the spice of life my friend).

Edited by WYfox22

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Oops, forgot the comment on the topic. I agree with pretty much all of the features. What a list though. My one point of contention is no 2D panels! Guess I'm old school and prefer to fly from them. For me it's just way more difficult to navigate around. I don't have any tracking devices and am not interested in them. If I'm just cruising with a low workload, I'll go to VC. But checklists, procedures, manipulating multiple controls is way too difficult for me, trying to space bar and mouse it.

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Hmm nothing that weird about airbus philosophy once you understand it, where are you getting your facts regarding difficulty in making a transition? Fast jet pilots transition from auto trim sidestick aircraft to non autotrim boeings all the time. And I've never known anyone to claim it is extremely difficult to switch from B to A.. The fbw autotrims in pitch and holds the commanded roll rate (not bank)Many aircraft operate the same, just that they are military jets. Normally takes 30mins in the sim to get new pilots adjusted, no big deal.The 777 has some nice features, it doesn't autotrim however it will assist you in turns so you won't have to apply the same kind of back pressure in turns like other boeings. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff I am sure simmers will enjoy discovering.Regards

Rob Prest

Well, the Airbus is just...well, weird. It flies unlike any other a/c out there. Basically, say you are rotating after take-off. Pull back on the stick until you get to, oh 15deg up. At that point, you release the stick and the bus will maintain 15 deg up until you move the stick again, engage AP or enter a potentially dangerous situation (stall). Works the same way with banking. There is just a ton of technical stuff like the different control laws it flies under.Now, a Boeing FBW functions almost the same as the old pulley and chain systems use to (just with relays that control the hydraulics). Pitch up, let go of the yoke, and the a/c will eventually pitch back down. There is protection software to prevent stalls and other fun adventures. The Airbus flies unlike any other airliner, past or present. It is very difficult for new AB pilots, it's like learning to fly all over again. I just wish someone would do a decent one. There's been a couple of promising projects but they pittered out. (You can like Boeing and Airbus! Variety is the spice of life my friend).
It is a very entertaining observation. Thank you. But have you flown at least one any of airbus types? Or is your observation actually resulted from Desktop Simulation? They have invested hundreds of million Euros and they have been tested with professional and trained pilots. It is a lot different my friend, every simmer on earth is aware of this.But if you're talking about Boeing minded aircraft add on software for MSFS and the Airbus one, I fully agree. It wont be too educated by commenting "that is not a normal airplane should fly because of this and that and this and that.... and the system is just weird", especially if you have zero flying experience. Even if you are the most experienced pilot on earth, it will not be wise to comment in such manner.Cheers to you Edited by Coltrane

Umm, wow. It's all info that's freely accesable out there. It doesn't take flying one to have a grasp at how the control software works. And my ex-partner is an A320 captain, I basically picked his brain for years about the bus. Tyring to describe the full scope of the flight dynamics of said aircraft is waaaaay beyond what can be explained in a forum. Get a hold of some flight manuals, go over to SmartCockpit, get on eBay. I don't understand your hostile attitude. All we're doing is exchanging information in a casual context, this is not a lab or level D. Be nice, you'll make more friends around here :(

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Nothing hostile mate ;) but I think you will find a fair few people here are already pretty clued up, and nothing to do with google, smartcockpit or having a chat with a pilot.Anyways... Apologies for the thread hijack on my part, I just can't stand people spreading misinformation. Let's leave that for other forums.Kind regards

Rob Prest

Umm, wow. It's all info that's freely accesable out there. It doesn't take flying one to have a grasp at how the control software works. And my ex-partner is an A320 captain, I basically picked his brain for years about the bus. Tyring to describe the full scope of the flight dynamics of said aircraft is waaaaay beyond what can be explained in a forum. Get a hold of some flight manuals, go over to SmartCockpit, get on eBay. I don't understand your hostile attitude. All we're doing is exchanging information in a casual context, this is not a lab or level D. Be nice, you'll make more friends around here :(
I didn't mean to be hostile towards the opposition. I'm sorry if I did. You can as well contact the admin to take further action regarding my post. :)What I'm saying is, ignorance generates wrong perception. It takes more than just google, wikipedia, "my experienced pilot friend", ebay or such to have thorough judgement. No I didn't mean to offend anyone, you too as well may want to try to be more friendly dealing with critics since this should have been more constructive. We are here to discuss things objectively even if it is a simulation. Nothing personal my friend as personal issues are not covered in any manuals in real flying too (you can ask your friend about this). I appreciate your opinion though :).Cheers to You capt Edited by Coltrane

I think that are some realistic wishes :()Already you can see the nose from the glare shield in the NGX!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I would be interested to know if the taxi cam on the EICAS would actually be possible? Regarding everything else, I doubt it will be a problem implementing accurate features considering what they have learnt from the NGXRegards

Rob Prest

I would be interested to know if the taxi cam on the EICAS would actually be possible? Regarding everything else, I doubt it will be a problem implementing accurate features considering what they have learnt from the NGXRegards
That would be cool :) but FSX limitations might play its role here :( I don't mean to be a negative nancy blum.gif

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD