Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Comments on Turbine Sound Studios sound?

Does anybody use the TSS sounds? (Tourbine Sound Studios).Impressions?Thanks,Christos

I bought the PW sound package, but I currently use the default sounds. Does that tell you enough? blum.gifAll jokes aside, the TSS external sound are great, and the cabin sounds are great if you're sitting in the passenger cabin, but not the cockpit. One thing that really bothered me was how loud engine #2 sounded, even though it's the farthest from the flight deck!

I haven't purchased the TSS MD-11 soundset, but I purchased the A380 soundset and I was not impressed! While in the flight deck it sounds like the sounds are being played over and over again! Im sure that's how they make the sound files but it's not great for like 15 euro. I personally wouldn't buy any soundset for any of my pmdg purchases because I think PMDG do an excellent job with the realism of their soundsets! If you really want to buy another soundset then I would look into it before buying it! But that's my opinion yours may be totally opposite. BTW the PMDG MD-11 sounds are realistic enough!

Christos,TSS' sounds are fine for external sound, but FAR away from reality when it comes to cockpit sounds. They were obviously not recorded on the flight deck, so they can't possibly sound right. Save your money and use our sounds. They are as real as you can get. Armen did an excellent job on these!Cheers,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I agree. I bought both MD11 sets from TSS, a lonnng time ago. I think they do great work, but at the end of the day, reverted back to PMDG's.I also have the 747 set (one set at the time I bought them). Those to I removed a couple flights later.Edit:What sold me to buy them, was their free Cessna sound pack :)

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan, do you have the pmdg md-11?
I agree. I bought both MD11 sets from TSS, a lonnng time ago.
Not sure what you mean Andrew. :( Do you mean you missed me say the quoted above? Or do you mean do I still? OR, are you being like Kyle and tossing in some sarcastic whit to say something like "Surely you can't think that way if you owned the MD-11" :LMAO:Haha, sorry, just trying to be sure I read you right, but yes. It's still one of my all time favorties and I have well over 1000 hrs on it alone, and that's probably an understatment, but an average from my FSP log. Been a while since I've done any simming though. But tag, you're it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I mean if you have it, anyway would it be possible for you to locate the md11 autopilot disconnect wav file and send me a copy?

Andrew Thomas

Ahhh, sorry Andrew, I can't do that. That would be a clear Eula violation (not to mention not having up and running at the moment).I had to research your last posts in the NGX thread to see what you were originally asking to see if I was missing something and found this.

Yeah I don't have the md11 so I need to find someone to send me the wav file.
If it were a freeware sound, someone could assist you but it's just flat out illegal (forget the eula, it's just illegal).However,,, two options come to mind. PMDG give me the ok and I send it your way. Or, tell me what you're trying to do exactly and maybe I can make something?Never mind #2, I found more of the facts and you just want the MD11 AP disconnect sound for the NGX.Sorry bro, I'd help if I could but I'm sure you didn't think of what it was when you asked either, or knew it violates too many factors. That's why I never make my sound set available. Since yeah, I've edited them, but they weren't mine from scratch, so without the originals, I'd have no modified sounds. Hope you can understand that.I'd recommend getting the MD11. The NGX certainly didn't kill it, not by a long shot. That isn't saying anything bad about the NGX, it's just saying the MD11 is really just that good. It's a nice change also to get out of a Boeing and into that thing. Talk about automated! (yes, guys, I know the MD11 is Boeings, now, but...)

Dan Prunier

The best sound is the one of PMDG. The rest sucks BIG time. I also bought the TSS for the 737, waste of money.Cheers,John

I know when I have money burning a whole in my pocket I can easily blow it on just about anything, but I also don't know why people (in some cases) want to fix what isn't broken in the first place. There are a lot of individual sounds that I change on an individual basis for the Queen and MD-11, but it's always only in lowering the DB a tad (volume).@ JonI haven't done barely any flying in the NGX yet, but just curious if you mean you bought the 737 sound pack to enhance the 737, or was there any specific sounds you felt need improving? Actually, better put and for my own curiosity to know what to probably note to later edit,,, are any of them annoying to you for any reason?

Dan Prunier

Can't speak for the TSS MD11 sounds, but I did buy their 737 CFM set to use with the old Wilco 737 and was really pleased, nice rounded sound set, certainly an improvement for that model. Good to hear the out of the box NGX sounds are well done as am planning to buy that shortly

Dean Stringer

TSS accusing me. All of my engine sounds, Jon's Aircraft Sounds have been forcibly removed from fspilotshop.com due to being acused of taking TSS Jet engine sounds and trying to sell them, and I have not done no such thing, Also no emails from TSS telling me that I had used theirsounds. I do not even have any software from TSS that I could even use to do such a task. I have always respected other peoples property. I got my sounds from Airports and AircraftMaintenance shops. I have a very close friend that is a mechanic at DIA and he is always there when I need sounds. I have spent the last 12 years perfecting my sounds into perfect stereo quality. That is why I am posting this hoping to protect my stereo technology. But I feel that these other vendors that are accusing me, are about to breach, my hard work and ideas. if they do I do have proof that I created this high quality realism. Looks like that I have become a threat to them because their sounds are very poor in quality, example broken loop files, phasing and crosstalk, Very Mono, no outside stereo separation. The very first sound that I had put up for payware at fspiolotshop.com got imeadiate attention from Strech AKA SkySong stating that my sounds were horrible and were default FS9 sounds he stated DO NOT BUY! without out provocation. No one has given me any proof that my sounds are the same as theirsounds. How is a person to know what is going on by being accused and not given a chance to defend himself.

Armen makes a superb job of PMDG requirements and he has no rivals.

Dave Taylor gb.png

PMDG sounds are the best. I recently acquired the TSS for the CFM and IAE V2500 through my ownership of Aeorosft A320 series aircraft. Not bad, but not a patch on the PMDG sounds for the CFM 56 for the 737. And if you want to be impressed, try the PMDG 777 for some mind blowing realistic big fan rumble.

The only other sounds that are on a par with PMDGare the Quality Wings renditions of the RB211 and the Lycoming.

Ken Brattey

Complete and utter insurrection