Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Great Sim but some Pain in the a... niggles.

1. Every time I shut P3 down, it restarts. I then have to use Task Manager to end the process.2. Although I have installed Peter Howson's latest version of FSUIPC - and the installer tells me it has been successfully installed into P3 - I am told on P3 start-up that it cannot find FSUIPC. Has anyone encountered this problem?3. I used the FSTweaks utility to create a changed path, so that FSX pointed programmes could be put into P3 but they still have instruments that don't work, rotary switches that turn and but do not change the indications. or move the pointer on an instrument.4 And my ProFlight Yoke System works fine except for the elevator axis - which calibrates correctly but in practice is so sensitive as to render an aircraft uncontrollabe. Maybe this is related to the FSUIPC glitch. The in-game sensitivity has been tuned right down to almost zero.

Yep, after reading a lot of good info here, I also take the step but although it's a great sim, the support, or willing to support, is very weak dispite all the topics here.Reading a lot, I have this and that working but sharing HOW seems to be a issue and not very common to AVSim members in other topics then Prepar3DMaybe they are afraid to violate EULA rules or whatever...I am not a NoNo with computers, software and tweaking FSX but very busy for 3 hours now to get Squawkbox working inside P3D and still no succes with Track-IR over EZDOK.Asking help in the P3D forums and they sent you to the manufacturer and asking the manufacturer is sending you back to LM, Yeah, Right... Paying $... for playing Beta test bunny...

the support, or willing to support, is very weak dispite all the topics here.Asking help in the P3D forums and they sent you to the manufacturer and asking the manufacturer is sending you back to LM, Yeah, Right... Paying $... for playing Beta test bunny...
I think you forgot that P3D is MEANT for developers... If you think you are playing beta test bunny, then you got the subscription for the wrong reason. You should use P3D to develop things for it. On the P3D forum it is VERY clear they ONLY support questions regarding DEVELOPING things for P3D. They give NO support for using the sim for fun. Which is logical because 1. the forum is meant for supporting developers ALONE and 2. P3D isn't meant to be used for fun. I notice that topics about the use of the sim itself usually get locked or removed on the official P3D forum. Which is very understandable and quite logical, of course.I wouldn't post anything further about this (see http://forum.avsim.n...read-important/) because what I posted is how it is and that's it. If you want to use P3D for fun, feel free to do so but don't expect official support: you are on your own, as is everybody else who has P3D just to fly in. Edited by J van E

I think you forgot that P3D is MEANT for developers... If you think you are playing beta test bunny, then you got the subscription for the wrong reason. You should use P3D to develop things for it. On the P3D forum it is VERY clear they ONLY support questions regarding DEVELOPING things for P3D. They give NO support for using the sim for fun. Which is logical because 1. the forum is meant for supporting developers ALONE and 2. P3D isn't meant to be used for fun. I notice that topics about the use of the sim itself usually get locked or removed on the official P3D forum. Which is very understandable and quite logical, of course.I wouldn't post anything further about this (see http://forum.avsim.n...read-important/) because what I posted is how it is and that's it. If you want to use P3D for fun, feel free to do so but don't expect official support: you are on your own, as is everybody else who has P3D just to fly in.
What a Joke... then they have to stop promoting in the amateur Sim world and the AVsim staff also although they are waking up I believe... 99% of the monthly subscibers are NO developer. Nevertherless if you are a developer or not, 99% of the issues are hardware (drivers) third party add-on related so even if you are the best flight sim developer in the word, you can't have access to the source codes of the third party drivers to overhaul it to use in P3D.Just my 2 cents Edited by simba_nl

They are working on increasing compatibility with hardware and software, it's obviously in their interest. Basically what j van e said - if you sign up as dev for a professional program, don't expect the,experience to be like buying a mass market consumer entertainment product. P3D is what it is and I'm hoping for great things as the code progresses.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Code progresses? You can only beat a dead horse for so long.
P3D, although shares its roots with FSX, is by now starting to feel like a new sim. It has progressed beyond FSX ( not very far at this point), but going in the right direction. At some point it will be far ahead of FSX because they are making changes to the core engine of ESP/FSX which is not happening with FSX and never will. Its more or less what everyone hoped what would happen before MS dropped the Aces team. PD3 is anything but a dead horse. Its progress in the right direction.But like others have said, LM's forum is not the place to discuss how to port addons from FSX. As a PD3 user, we are a niche within a niche within a niche and will have to depend on each other to help get certain addons weve bought to work with P3d. There is already some great info posted here by others that helped me to get all my addons working. Im a very happy simmer right now! FSX never ran this good for me.As for the addon developers, Some like FSDT ,MY traffic & Orbx have all suppported or in the progress of supporting PD3. It makes it a lot easier to install things when you just have to click on an installer, but even for those that dont have an installer that supports P3d, its not that hard to get it all to work.Rob

Comanche: that is a very useful comment. The ESP bought from MS has already been substantially re-written. LM says that it is not FSXv3 but a whole revamp. Obviously to give them a platform to introduce DX11 features.Also your Avatar looks like the Comanche that I did my Night VFR endorsement in many years ago. So old was the Comanche it still only had a whisky compass - which made NDB tracking (it did not have a fitted omni receiver) very difficult indeed because of the reverse movement of the compass before it returned to the new heading. Now those were the days, sigh, and aren't I glad that they are past. The very, very, basic five plus the NDB. No wonder the accident rate was high back in the immediate pre- and post-war days of commercial aviation.

Hi Ian,I choose this name and avatar, because my dad had a Comanche 180 like the one in my avatar. When I was a kid. We use to fly every Sunday out of Flushing Airport in Queens NY and I have very fond memories of it. He past years ago. It was a great plane. Id love to see Carenado make one, but I guess im the only one. It got me interested in Aviation.My brother recently got his pilots licence and I got mine years ago. We tracked down my dads old Comanche to a judge in Kentucky and it just so happens he wanted to sell it. He kept it up really nice and we were tempted to buy it, but the maintenace and availability of parts scared us off, Plus the avionics needed a major upgrade. My son was born shorty after and all those plans were nixed as I now have to save up for his college and not spend money on "boy toys" as my wife would put it.Im lucky she doesnt get on my back too much about what I spend on this hobby! But I agree with her that his college is way more important. Still I have a sweet spot for it in my heart!Rob

Edited by Comanche