Sign in to follow this  
Raindance

Can't sign in..

I'm unable to sign in with either Chrome or Firefox (the sign-in box doesn't open), but I can with IE. I do have script-blockers installed on those two, but with AVSIM's site permitted.Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Make sure avsim.net and avsim.com are allowed for starters. I'm not sure which site specifically you granted permission to.

Make sure avsim.net and avsim.com are allowed for starters. I'm not sure which site specifically you granted permission to.
I checked, and both of those are set as allowed. Still no dice. It's puzzling. I ran Ccleaner a day or so ago, and I guess it must have removed the 'signed-in' cookies for the site, but now I can't get in again on those browsers. This isn't a major problem as I can still get in with IE, but it's slightly irritating not to know what's causing this, although I'm thinking the problem is at my end since nobody else has reported similar issues, so far as I know.Just FYI, what happens is that I click the sign-in at the page top, a progress graphic runs for a second or two, then nothing.

Well, since they upgraded to the new design it is nearly impossoble to sign in in the main page. To overcome this, just go in a sub forum and try it there. It should work then.

Well, since they upgraded to the new design it is nearly impossoble to sign in in the main page. To overcome this, just go in a sub forum and try it there. It should work then.
Interesting! Anyhow, I fixed it (though I still don't know what the problem was). Instead of LMB clicking on the sign-in, I right-clicked and chose 'open link in new window' from the drop-down menu. That opened the sign-in page and got me in, in Chrome so far, but I guess it'll work in Firefox too. :smile:

I've used Chrome all along and have never had an issue logging in. Not sure what the issue is for everyone but it works fine here.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I've used Chrome all along and have never had an issue logging in. Not sure what the issue is for everyone but it works fine here.
It's perhaps a combination of an obscure glitch in the website scripting and members' own browser extension settings. IE is the one browser I don't have 3rd party extensions for, and that worked OK on the sign-in. Totally guessing though ;)

It's perhaps a combination of an obscure glitch in the website scripting and members' own browser extension settings. IE is the one browser I don't have 3rd party extensions for, and that worked OK on the sign-in. Totally guessing though ;)
Guys, the first step to solving these types of issues is to immediately clear your browswer's cache. And, as a counter point, the most issues I have in terms of these forums is IE. Chrome and Firefox are superior in many ways to IE. Having said that, I check the forums almost daily with all three.

I'm unable to sign in with either Chrome or Firefox (the sign-in box doesn't open), but I can with IE. I do have script-blockers installed on those two, but with AVSIM's site permitted.Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Same here, with Firefox 9.0.1, scripts blocked but avsim.com, avsim.net both allowed. I hope there's a fix!dadan davison

Same here, with Firefox 9.0.1, scripts blocked but avsim.com, avsim.net both allowed. I hope there's a fix!dadan davison
Did you try right-clicking on the sign-in and using the menu (see post passim)?

Did you try right-clicking on the sign-in and using the menu (see post passim)?
That did it! What I didn't notice the first few times I tried it was that it opens a new *tab*. I can log in on that tab but then lose my place in the original tab I was working in. I'm still expecting the autologin to work, and not having it after 3 or 4 years is disconcerting.Thanks for the help!dan "lensman19067" davison

That did it! What I didn't notice the first few times I tried it was that it opens a new *tab*.
If you allow the browser to create a new tab, you are right; you are going to have difficulty getting signed. The issue is your browser's settings. There is choice in all of them I believe that allows you to select open forms, and other content, in the existing window, in a new tab or in a totally new page. You need to make sure that the selection is "remain in the same window".