Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

SimWare Simulations AeroflyFS

I find it amazing that after 20+ years MS has been able to take a great idea (Flight Sim) and beat it to death and when that would not make us go away, it looks like they are going to dumb it down to the point that the only users will be little boys between breast feedings from Mom. I see a few petitions about "Flight" starting to pop up. Sadly it occurs to me that the best petition would be to ask Tom to remove all of this "Flight" mess and move on. Sometimes you just have to take off the straps, slide the canopy open and jump.Until today my attitude was I will wait and see. Clicked on the announcement for AeroflyFS and thought to myself that these guys, who ever they are have a more advanced product on their first release than MS after 20+ years. If you leave out FSX and compare Just "Flight" and AeroflyFS like I did, then maybe you will see just how far backwards a company with poor leadership can fall in just a few years.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Clicked on the announcement for AeroflyFS and thought to myself that these guys, who ever they are have a more advanced product on their first release than MS after 20+ years.
Oh no, not again... You clearly know nothing about Aerofly FS otherwise you wouldn't have said that. There is absolutely NOTHING advanced in Aeroflys FS. Nothing. Compare the startup procedure in MS Flight (you can see it on YouTube) with the startup procedure in Aerofly FS... well, if you call it that...
If you leave out FSX and compare Just "Flight" and AeroflyFS like I did.
Well, how did you...? DId you play them both...? Edited by J van E

I find it amazing that after 20+ years MS has been able to take a great idea (Flight Sim) and beat it to death and when that would not make us go away, it looks like they are going to dumb it down to the point that the only users will be little boys between breast feedings from Mom. I see a few petitions about "Flight" starting to pop up. Sadly it occurs to me that the best petition would be to ask Tom to remove all of this "Flight" mess and move on. Sometimes you just have to take off the straps, slide the canopy open and jump.Until today my attitude was I will wait and see. Clicked on the announcement for AeroflyFS and thought to myself that these guys, who ever they are have a more advanced product on their first release than MS after 20+ years. If you leave out FSX and compare Just "Flight" and AeroflyFS like I did, then maybe you will see just how far backwards a company with poor leadership can fall in just a few years.
Looking at your sig i smell a forum troll.

Looking at your sig i smell a forum troll.
LOL Sniff again...do you have a cold or runny nose...just giving my take on this whole sorted mess. I won't take the bate or fuss over it with you.Sorry bait.... Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Oh no, not again... You clearly know nothing about Aerofly FS otherwise you wouldn't have said that. There is absolutely NOTHING advanced in Aeroflys FS. Nothing. Compare the startup procedure in MS Flight (you can see it on YouTube) with the startup procedure in Aerofly FS... well, if you call it that...Well, how did you...? DId you play them both...?
Sorry J Van E....you are ofcourse correct. I know nothing about any of this stuff and just plain forgot how smart you are. I can't believe I even posted in your forum. Plese do forgive me.

Sam

Sorry J Van E....you are ofcourse correct. I know nothing about any of this stuff and just plain forgot how smart you are. I can't believe I even posted in your forum. Plese do forgive me.
You are forgiven, my child. :( Didn't know this was my forum, though: thanks for the heads up, I'm off to do some serious modding... :(

It would be nice to have a forum for Aerofly FS.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks. Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest bstolle
If you leave out FSX and compare Just "Flight" and AeroflyFS like I did, then maybe you will see just how far backwards a company with poor leadership can fall in just a few years.
I don't think so as Aerofly isn't exactly a 'new' sim, especially when considering their true scale add-ons. In fact the RC versions had more features than the 'new' FS version. Here's a short summary.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358999-anyone-tried-it-out/

Oh no, not again... You clearly know nothing about Aerofly FS otherwise you wouldn't have said that. There is absolutely NOTHING advanced in Aeroflys FS. Nothing. Compare the startup procedure in MS Flight (you can see it on YouTube) with the startup procedure in Aerofly FS... well, if you call it that...Well, how did you...? DId you play them both...?
After playing XPX I deleted FSX ! Flight Deleted ! Flight is FSX with a lil lipstick, its the same old engine. I havn't tried Aerofly yet.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I havn't tried Aerofly yet.
Well, don't. bstolle confirmed everything I've been posting all along. Aerofly FS is not the new sim people were hoping for. Which was already obvious just by reading about it, but now we reallt know. :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.