Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

PSP9 - flare a line - stripes ?

Morn'n Folks,I'm pretty familiar with PSP and I have used it for many years on projects other than those for Flight Sim... One thing I was wondering - is there anyway to flare a line ??? I'm talking about those "vector" lines added by the pen tool... Now that I am working on a few aircraft paints - the obvious use would be for creating various stripes down the side. I want the line to start at a point and get progressively wider down the length of the line...Is that possible ??? If not - feel free to offer any suggestions... The way I do it now is kind of a pain - starting with a "raster" painted block - while using the selection tool to cut the flaired line out of the block...Regards,Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I remember when I achieved this result a few times in PSP back in my repainting days, there was some type of way to use the Pen Tool by adding points along a line and dragging them around to manipulate the shape of a line or manual selection. Check out this repaint tutorial by Gary Hayes -- I learned the concept from one of his tutorials a few years ago and the principal of this is taught in there towards the tail painting section.http://www.leveldsim...epaint-tutorialThanks to Gary HayesOne thing about this method, like anything else, is it takes a little finesse to get what you want. Sometimes I would have to spend an hour or so just putting points in the right place or dragging them just the right way to get a nice flare.

Hi...Thanks for he help... I played with it some more - as there seems to be countless options for manipulating vector lines/points in PSP... One thing I found that really helps - is to duplicate the line with an offset - then remove some points and drag others around to get the desired taper.... Then convert the vector to a raster and use the selection modifications to smooth the shape... I've been getting some pretty decent results.... I'll check out the link you posted as well... Thanks -have a good night...Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7