Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Aerofly ! It looks VERY nice indeed

HelloFirst YES! I know this is the fs2004 forum ....I have just had a quick look at the Aerofly videos, and what i see is VERY impressive.I know its only Switzerland (at the moment?)But I most certainly would be tempted .Unfortunately my PC is below (by some way the minimum spec) so tempted is as far as it goes.Its not FS as we know it Jim!Heck Scotty ! ive got FS9 alreadyso that's no problem.If its a good sim its worth having two (or many)Seems well priced.to.Will be interested to see how its reviewed.Beautiful looking scenery.Anyways take cover Horatiowait for negative mongers

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

http://forum.avsim.n...ofly-simulator/ Looks very promising, scenery looks beautiful from the vids but VERY VERY over simplified... Read the review in that link,Sort of like a Take On helicopters for flying without the systems realism...And of course, anyone that has anything bad to say is a negative monger :( very positive way to inspire open conversation... Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Aerofly have been in RC simulation game for some time I believe. Looks like they have made the models full size now. Not sure what sort of systems are simulated though. The scenery is certainly pretty. :)

Graeme Butler

It does look nice but before this simulator gets a lot of complex airliners, navigraph support, hundreds of addon airports, ultimate terrain, ATC, weather and flightplanning tools (to mention some stuff) I will be retired.Plus who is willing to give me a good credit to start the purchasing story once again*? :(* I actually think the same about Flight, Prepar3D, X-Plane, etc

Not a slave to FS.Andy
I am... Have been an addicted slave to FS for years!!! :Love:Stands up to address room: :hi:Hello, my name is Paul and I am addicted to FS.... :( :(

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

13734.jpg
LMAO!!!OK, I am officially embarrassed to say that one of the mirrors in my master bath upstairs is actually a hidden heated LCD TV so it doesn't not fog in the shower. (also has waterproof remote for shower) One of the inputs is indeed a wireless recv'r from my flightsim machine so I can monitor the flightdeck if I decide to shower mid-flight. And Emirates thought they were the first to offer a shower mid-flight!!! Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gifYes, I am single LMAO! :(

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Yes, I am single
I am a bigamist. Married to a woman and a flightsim.My wife is aware the other relationship is (a bit) older.But, good for both, I'm not gonna exchange either for a younger version!

LMAO!!!OK, I am officially embarrassed to say that one of the mirrors in my master bath upstairs is actually a hidden heated LCD TV so it doesn't not fog in the shower. (also has waterproof remote for shower) One of the inputs is indeed a wireless recv'r from my flightsim machine so I can monitor the flightdeck if I decide to shower mid-flight. And Emirates thought they were the first to offer a shower mid-flight!!! Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gifYes, I am single LMAO! :(
one must ask if you are serious about that LOL, and i dont mean the "being single" part!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi Gerry,Very much so! I didn't intend to do that with the heated mirror/tv (I like having the news on in the am as I shower/shave and get ready for work) The wireless video card to tv adapter was originally for my laptop but it wasn't long before I figured hmmm I wonder if I could see my fs system from the shower... then it was pretty cool to put fs on a wingview, hop in the shower and shower at fl 370 or to be able to monitor the flightdeck in the event I need to step into the lieu :)So yes to serious and single is self explanatory lmao!

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time I really have LMAO ROTF (metaphorically speaking)... This was a truly LOL moment guys! Thank you!!!!! :(

"And now," as they say in Monty Python, "for something completely different!"It seems a bit premature to get into too much of a "discussion" (or argument depending on your definition) about the merits of a new sim that hasn't yet been released. But from what I saw of the video, it seemed to me to be a breathtaking simulation of the joys of VFR flight in a simple, beautiful GA aircraft. Even if it does no more than that, it is still a significant addition to our hobby.After all guys, how else did any of us in the real world get started?I don't think we need to compare apples to oranges - both are delicious in their own way. If all the Aerofly sim does is give people a chance to learn stick and rudder skills while looking at gorgeous scenery, then I'm for it. And I'm guessing that some serious aerobatics would be in the mix too! As much as I love FS9 and will stick with it for many more years, I can't wait to make that flight that is shown in the video. After all, been there, done that --- and would love to do it again, even if it is 'virtual.' Looks closer to real than anything else I've ever seenJust my humble opinion my friendsIan

After all guys, how else did any of us in the real world get started?
You are absolutely right. Plus you have brought back my memories... 105.gifI have learned to fly in one like below, how about you, guys? Show me your first birds!bociek.jpgAnd yes, of course, Ian, a good looking GA simulation with right physics of flight is something to be enjoyed by many.I just, personally, prefer riding jet engines today, probably because I have not managed to reach it in my RL, so the sim is my dreamed escape, lol.FS9 is, and will always remain, a marvelous platform for airliners flying, learning systems, navigation, visiting world's airports, etc. If I were a GA freak, I might switch to FSX or this one.See you in the air!

Hi RafalI will try to find a photo I can upload of my first RL aircraft, though back then the camera had just been invented... LOL If the new sim is as good as it looks in the video (not guaranteed of course) then in addition to just VFR cruising or basic "virtual" flight training, it might be fabulous for some other things like STOL bush and mountain ops, aerobatics, crop dusting etc. All of those (except aerobatics and Aerosoft's Leuka scenery) are not very immersive in FS9 for me as the depth of the scenery is just not there. So this may open up a number of new dimensions for the sim enthusiasts out there... FPS will be THE issue for me - if it's not visually smooth, it's not "flying."Ian