Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Aerofly ! It looks VERY nice indeed

I will try to find a photo I can upload of my first RL aircraft, though back then the camera had just been invented
No worries, Ian. The above one is not my original photo either, just the same type.My original gliding pictures were slides, old enough now to start natural degradation. Big%20Grin.gif

LOL - yeah, I have an awful lot of great 35 MM slides that I haven't been able to look at in decades.... Every now and then I've looked into having them digitalized but the cost is downright mind-boggling and so I never follow through on it

Going back to the original topic, I received my copy of Aerofly FS today and got to say while it's extremely good fun and graphically pleasing it's no real simulator but I do think it has the potential to be a great simulator.Unfortunately you can't use any of the controls in the VC and I can't set my throttle quadrant up properly to use the mixture lever which seems a bit odd, unless I'm missing something, Aerofly FS on the other hand is missing a lot when it comes to simulation, however the planes are great to fly and in full screen view with no cockpit visible, fully zoomed out you really do get the sense of being up high in the sky and boy is it fast.So my conclusion of this little report is, it's worth getting for the fun factor and hopefully it'll have a bright future but it's no replacement for FS9, FSX or X-Plane as yet, but if they get enough support well anything's possible.I'll try and do some videos and post a link when I do, maybe after I've read the manual a bit more I may find there's more to it than meets the eye.CheersMartin.PS. I'm running it on an AMD Phenom II X4 at 3.5ghz with a Saphire Radeon 5770 and 4gb 1333mhz Memory and getting pretty much 60FPS all the time, however when I activated some weather conditions I still got an high FPS but also got some serious pauses not stutters, the whole thing would stop for a second then continue which just made it awful to fly.

Edited by mf_blues

Going back to the original topic, I received my copy of Aerofly FS today and got to say while it's extremely good fun and graphically pleasing it's no real simulator but I do think it has the potential to be a great simulator.Unfortunately you can't use any of the controls in the VC and I can't set my throttle quadrant up properly to use the mixture lever which seems a bit odd, unless I'm missing something, Aerofly FS on the other hand is missing a lot when it comes to simulation, however the planes are great to fly and in full screen view with no cockpit visible, fully zoomed out you really do get the sense of being up high in the sky and boy is it fast.So my conclusion of this little report is, it's worth getting for the fun factor and hopefully it'll have a bright future but it's no replacement for FS9, FSX or X-Plane as yet, but if they get enough support well anything's possible.I'll try and do some videos and post a link when I do, maybe after I've read the manual a bit more I may find there's more to it than meets the eye.CheersMartin.PS. I'm running it on an AMD Phenom II X4 at 3.5ghz with a Saphire Radeon 5770 and 4gb 1333mhz Memory and getting pretty much 60FPS all the time, however when I activated some weather conditions I still got an high FPS but also got some serious pauses not stutters, the whole thing would stop for a second then continue which just made it awful to fly.
It sounds promising Martin - even though it's not what we would all want, it may have a great future as you said. After all, who would have predicted MS FS would become what it now is? Back when I first saw it, I thought it was totally pathetic.... Thanks for the update - I am sure there are many of us who will be watching and waiting. In my case, I seriously doubt my machine could handle it, but some time this year I will probably be buying a new PC so who knowsCheersIan

Followed the links, watched the video, got intrerested - but why does almost every developer seem to think gay disco appropriate for fly-sim videos? Surely only 10% of us would appreciuate it.

Edited by northridge

gay disco
Wow, that's a brand new term to me!I learn something new every day.

From what I've seen from the vids, they look unbelievable! Beautifully rendered terrain with amazing mesh resolution. However, IMO, I can't help feeling it is all eye candy and no soul. Don't know why, I just do. I just feel it's a bit gamey. Again, don't know why, but, without doubt beautifully put together. I'll wager it will lack the soul in both the aircraft designs and dynamics that we all crave so much for.

13734.jpg
:( Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776