Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Fs2crew and Captain sim

Hello Bryan,Im being nosey, I googled Captain Sim and fs2crw because I wanted to see if any developments had been made and found this post in the captain sim forum;Question Captain Sim would you share parts of the SDK for the 767 with the developer of the amazing add on FS2CREW?Having this add-on (check the Voice Controlled version 2010 it is amazing) is surely going to boost the sales as it did with the Maddog MD-82. Their plane is a bit old and graphics are a bit edgy however I can not stop flying this airplane since I have my copilot talking to me...Might worth considering...Cheers,MartinAnswerIf FS2CREW developers have such a wish to make this addon and contact us, we will be glad to have cooperation.http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1274341494Did you ever approach captain sim and would you if not?The captain sim range are brilliant but would be even better with FS2crew,Many thanks for any reply,H

They have an SDK? or the customers did it? JK :(
:lol:But while I would like to see an fs2crew for there upcoming 737-100/200 (if the panel is as good as they're saying it will be, which it might be considering their other classic addons) I think it would be hard for Bryan to do it because of the way they sell there products ie in "blocks" . I think I remember him saying that once . But an "FS3Crew addon for a 727/707 would be pretty cool and i'd buy it for sure lee

The 'Block' issue would only be an issue if the panel.cfg changes between each block.I've never really considered Captain Sim, but I'll think about them some more, especially if their 737-100/200 is any good.But I'd need an SDK from them above all else.

Thank you for your reply Byran, as much as I like the old classics I personally prefer the newer planes that you regularly see in the air today- adds to the realism.What about their 757 and new 777, they are great looking aircraft and work really well, I would say nearly to PMDG standard in model quality. It would be amazing to have a co pilot in those birds. Perhaps we should have a poll?RegardsH

I think it would be hard for Bryan to do it because of the way they sell there products ie in "blocks"
Maybe as a HU. They don't sell 'later' releases in blocks since years. You only buy a base pack (which is the full featured plane) and then add other variants with the optional titles. So you are buying a 757-200 for FSX and get the full systems and if you would like to run the freighter, you would add it.Pretty much the same as the NGX now does it, adding other variants of the base plane so to speak.But I see your point since buying the 757-200 leads to a set of panel.cfg and gauges and the -300 or freighter addon then adds a slightly changed one. This could mean that Fs2Crew has to detect and edit another cfg set if the 757 owner adds this or that variant.As Bryan needs the SDK for a plane, the first vital step on integrating CS planes with FS2Crew has to come from the devs itself though.

The blocks shouldnt be an issue - you'd code for the base pack, and if it doesn't work with the expasion pack so be it. Every customer has to have the base pack whilst i expect only a minority get the addons. Also re panels, ive got the expansions for the 727 and 767 and dont remember the panels being at all different.Re: whether it's worth it. Its an interesting idea as cs have the leading 727 and 707 so it wold open up the older boeings for fs2flying. Not sure I'd bother for the 767 as the systems in the lds are deeper so for,procedural realism that would be the sim of choice. 757 might be worth considering too, i haven't tried it with the latest update.Also - updates released late last year for the 757 and 767 are final, so code base shouldn't change.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'd love to see the old steam gauge 3 men ships coming with something like Fs2Crew. But I think Bryan wasn't really pleased with the market the older planes offer. That's from reading some of his previous comments.

727 is pretty popular I thnk, but I've no idea how popular compared to something like the md-11 (which i think bryan said was borderline viable).The other questionmto what extent captain sim attracts procedural realists, less than pmdg im sure but the 727 and 707 do have pretty good systems.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Maybe the 727 would work as some are still being used as VIP planes and of course cargo .

Edited by LeeL

Id prefer the 757- great plane and used for short and medium haul. Must be worth a thought.

While I agree it's a great plane Bryan has said before he'd rather wait for the level d 757. Although maybe that's changed now with how long that project is taking. Lee

Fair enough, its up to Bryan really, just be nice to have the treat of FS2crew with these brilliant aircraft.

Well, I emailed them, and they said:"Greetings,Thank you for contacting Captain Sim.Thank you for the suggestion.We always take the most interesting items into consideration for further updatesand new products development.Customer Support is available at: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/login.plSending an email to this address will not allow you to reach a representative.This address is only for sending notifications.Thank you,Captain Sim Customer Support Team"So, based on that form letter response, I'd say they don't seem too interested :(

You never know Bryan, keep trying, these things may take some time.H