Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Griffin

NGX Gauges wont come alive

Your NGX registration information is stored in the Windows Registry. That is why your not being asked for you activation code again. When you install the NGX are you letting it do everything it needs to without interrupting it? Like DirectX etc? Also it is very important that you have the proper DirectX and Visual C++ Runtimes installed cause without them the NGX will not function correctly.

Edited by UAL115

Your NGX registration information is stored in the Windows Registry. That is why your not being asked for you activation code again.
This is not the case from my experience, wiping FLEXnet folder in programdata removes the registration for the NGX, prompting you to re-enter the key. I've just scanned my registry, the only thing I found was a PMDGSIM1 registry under flexnet, which made no difference after I removed it.

FLEXnet folder in programdata removes the registration for the NGX, prompting you to re-enter the key
Obviously not working this time for you though is it?What about your C++ Runtimes and Direct 9?Make sure your not messing with the above and if it asks to check or update yours then let it. Even if you have DX10 or DX11 on your system already if it wants to install DX9 as well don't interfere with that. Finally make sure your Version Windows is fully updated. (Windows Update)If you still can't get it to work after checking the above your best option is a Support Ticket. Nobody knows more about the NGX than PMDG and that's your best shot at resolving this. A 10 min Support Ticket is a lot quicker than being stubborn and messing up you computer to the point the only option left is a format. Edited by UAL115

What about your C++ Runtimes and Direct 9?Make sure your not messing with the above and if it asks to check or update yours then let it. Even if you have DX10 or DX11 on your system already if it wants to install DX9 as well don't interfere with that. Finally make sure your Version Windows is fully updated. (Windows Update)If you still can't get it to work after checking the above your best option is a Support Ticket. Nobody knows more about the NGX than PMDG and that's your best shot at resolving this. A 10 min Support Ticket is a lot quicker than being stubborn and messing up you computer to the point the only option left is a format.
All of those things are done, and it installs the version it wants to install at the end of the install shield. I do not wish to sidetrack this thread, so I will only say that I prefer fixing things as they break and I see the avsim community as a very resourceful and knowledgeable community so this is why I bring my problem here before opening a support ticket. This has nothing to do with being stubborn. I will be opening a ticket if I do not find a solution, or someone who has had the same problem before.Thanks Edited by SwiftFoX

Okay if none of the items below are an issue then I am out of ideas. Good Luck with your troubleshooting.1) You have the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables installed and the proper version of DX9.2) You have your FSX Shortcut set to run as Administrator3) Your Windows is fully up to date (Windows Update)4) Your Date and Time is set correctly5) Delete FSX.cfg

Edited by UAL115

This is for anyone that finds this while googling for help, or searching, or running into the same problem.THE REASON:SimConnect.dll. This file is responsible for a lot of things, and is generally a nightmare. (at least to me). The problem was that FSX.exe was loading a version of SimConnect.dll that was from the SP1 install - the NGX needs SP2 to work. THE FIX:Download a program called 'Everything'. Search for, simconnect.dll. The only simconnect.dll files that are suppose to exist are the three within the winsxs folder (ignore the ones in rex, or ase folders). Here's a screenshot: http://gyazo.com/f142016f5bf153e3e3ff4687e6295c3e.If SimConnect.dll exists in either; C:WindowsSystem32, OR in the ROOT FSX directory, delete them immediately. This should fix any issues.