Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

PHNL to KSEA

I'm currently don't an Alaska Airlines flight out of PHNL to KSEA. It's amazing how fast one get's out of the scenery area covered by Flight in a B737-800. Even with all the islands covered it's almost not even worth it to have Hawaii only as an option compared to what we're used to...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I know but some are asking for jets like the 737 in Flight with full ATC, go figure... :(

FS2020 

I know but some are asking for jets like the 737 in Flight with full ATC, go figure... :(
Well, I didn't need to do a flight from PHNL to KSEA to figure out that Hawaii alone isn't really suited for a 737. :( Of course (and obviously) the people who are hoping for a 737 and ATC are also hoping for more scenery... :(

The 8 major Islands in Hawaiian Island chain is roughly 300 miles long.Which is small if you're traveling at 500 mph, but Hawaii is geographically larger than many here seem to think.The total land mass of all the Islands is 6428 square miles.The total size of the State of Hawaii (including water) is 10,926 square miles, which is larger than the State of Massachusetts (10,554 square miles).Source: US Census Bureau: Land and Water Area of States and Other Entities: 2008

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Well, I didn't need to do a flight from PHNL to KSEA to figure out that Hawaii alone isn't really suited for a 737. :( Of course (and obviously) the people who are hoping for a 737 and ATC are also hoping for more scenery... :(
I didn't need to do one either it's just a route I decided to fly for no particular reason. As I was climbing out I thought to myself this would be where the scenery ends in Flight. That being said it seems some of your are warming up to Flight and willing to give it a chance. To each his own... We have great options today in how we want to virtually fly. Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

I really wish everyone would stop thinking they know all that is in the works for Flight. The Games not over, it hasn't even started yet.

Thats just plum_______. Most theses kind of remarks by the Jaded simmer are really showing their intellect. As in 0.Hawaiian Airlines flew/fly 737 all over the islands.
Here' we go with personal attacks again...For your information I actually thought about Hawaiian and Aloha Airlines who's been operating this island chain for years when I wrote the original post but it's still crap this is the only option to fly in this new effort. With the exception of a few carriers and charter/mail operators anything else for the most part comes in and out of Hawaii from other areas around the world. The same suspects who shouted us down in saying Flight would be Hawaii only is now shouting us down about the fact it is Hawaii only. The defense of Microsoft knows no bounds... They give us only one island to start (with no real path for anything more, you can't believe what they say) and you still defend them, wow. :( You'd think at this point we'd all agree on points discovered daily on where this sim fails. There's no benefit in defending it or otherwise outside of the fact all options to enjoy the new sim have been taken away to shut what we've come to love about the franchise down. The bottom line after all these years is this is what Flight Simulator is reduced to. You can pick apart my statements all you want but the fact still remains an end of an era has come. I was hoping for at least one more great title that took advantage of the hardware and advances we have now that would be release in better condition than the release of FSX and bring us all back on one platform like things were pre-FSX. I'm floored some of use don't what that or can't fathom that. This 'accept anything from Microsoft' attitude and shout down all decent has started all over again. I can understand the 'beating a dead horse' frustration some have but people have a right to be put off. Judging by the post count some of you weren't around to see the community pre-FSX so maybe that's it. Having everyone on one sim for the most part was a great era. For years we had a sim where we could fly into Hawaii now we should be happy the world only consists of Hawaii with the hopes the sim will eventually get finished. Some of the same people here criticized Captain Sim for doing business this way but because it's Microsoft it's suddenly o.k... What's funny is at least Captain Sim committed to completing whatever project they had, it's smoke and mirrors as to what Microsoft will actually do with Flight. In true fashion once again it's defended. :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

For your information I actually thought about Hawaiian and Aloha Airlines who's been operating this island chain for years when I wrote the original post but it's still crap this is the only option to fly in this new effort. ...They give us only one island to start (with no real path for anything more, you can't believe what they say)...Having everyone on one sim for the most part was a great era. For years we had a sim where we could fly into Hawaii now we should be happy the world only consists of Hawaii with the hopes the sim will eventually get finished.
You 'can' believe what they say in this case.C'mon Dillon, its a free download, MS generates no income from it.You can't seriously believe Flight will only be Hawaii for very long ?MS Flight will be about trying to sell you the added content.I have no idea whether we will ever have it as good as we had in previous versions of MSFS. But I do know there will be more to Flight than just Hawaii eventually.So relax wait and see, in the meantime continue to enjoy FS9/FSX.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thats just plum_______. Most theses kind of remarks by the Jaded simmer are really showing their intellect. As in 0.Hawaiian Airlines flew/fly 737 all over the islands.
Please refrain from personal attacks. Thanks.

I really wish everyone would stop thinking they know all that is in the works for Flight. The Games not over, it hasn't even started yet.
Some of us are cynical for good reason. Show me proof of what is going to be in Flight, and I'll show you proof of what isn't. Goes both ways, you see.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I don't believe that MS Flight will ever be anything like FSX or FS9. That isn't idle speculation. It is a conclusion that I reached long before Microsoft revealed the truth about MS Flight to the world. It is a conclusion that I reached based on comments and rumours from a wide range of sources. Only time will tell if this conclusion is correct, but at this moment in time I do not believe that Microsoft see Flight as a successor to FSX. They see it as the dawn of a new age.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'll make you a deal. You (Avsim) stop the personal attacks on Microsoft and Flight , which seems to be condoned and endorsed, and and I will stop my individual debunking of unknown and untrue staements!
Wow, I guess you didn't read Tom's post...

FS2020 

I'll make you a deal. You (Avsim) stop the personal attacks on Microsoft and Flight , which seems to be condoned and endorsed, and and I will stop my individual debunking of unknown and untrue staements!
HelloWhy are you so emotionally attached to MS Flight!, it is only an arcade game after all.I doubt you are in any position to offer Tom and Avsim any "deal", you are only a guest around here like the rest of us.

I'll make you a deal.
I will make you a deal... You apologize to Chas and I will let you back into the forums (and get your facts right in the process).

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.