Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Will adding the default 737 vc give 2d views ?

HiI know that you cant have "2d" views in fsx without a vc. If I put the vc of the default fsx 737 or even the wilco 737 (might look a little nicer) will that give me the side views from those planes? I wont be flying from the vc I just want it for the side views...would this work? Has anyone ever done it?thanks Lee

You can't transfer VC's from one plane to another since each VC is modelled uniquely to every flight model. You can however, copy 2D panel files over to the other panel folder and sometimes this works seamlessly. Other times more tweaking is involved.

O really. I thought you could in fsx....I've jst read of some people doing it before with other models.thanks lee

I haven't tried to either but I have noticed that is what CaptainSim does on their 737s at the moment, while they finish creating the VC and panels. From what I have seen it is simply aliasing the default 737-800 in FSX.

Chase, this is a possibility in the FSX, a new thing in the FS series. I am not sure how many authors actually use that, but if you look at default 737-800, there are actually two .mdl files, I expect it is done so that add-on developers can use the default VC as they often used default 2D in the past.

yeah thats where i saw it.with captain sim

You can but doesn't both .mdl's have to be FSX native? I'm considering gettin the TM for a flight but VC's are a must. I assume the TM is FS2004 or prior native?To determine if a model was built with the FSX SDK, use a file viewer or hex editor to look at the file. Near the beginning of the file, you should see the characters "MDLXMDLH" if it's an FSX model. An FS2002/2004 model will show "MDL8MDLH"

Edited by Barnstormer1