Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Is there downloadable documentation?

Is there downloadable documentation, in detail, about the features added to Prepare3D that are above and beyond the default FSX implementation?Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

How about this?http://www.prepar3d.com/news/prepar3d-1-2-now-available/

Thanks Srdan,Is there a user guide that explains how to utilize all these features, or is it built in as a Help file?I may eventually upgrade from FSX to Prepare3DBill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Not that I ever looked for one... P3D is basically FSX, so why would you need one? Only one that would need explaining is Bathymetry, but I have no idea about that, as I have no interest in it, and I simply turned it off.

Word Not Allowed,Thanks.The reason I wanted to manual to see if they had any information on how to set up multi monitors.Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

I really don't think it's different from FSX.

Hi,Multi-monitor setup should be the same as what you are probably used to, however there are a few features that have been added. We have also fixed the upper limit for monitors to allow more than 5 monitors. We have also created the ability for undocked windows to remember their last location so that when you restart Prepar3D, all is placed in the proper place without having to click and drag into position each time. We have also added in support for multi-touch monitors if you want to use these as soft-panels for instruments. Other features are also explained in the documentation that will assist developers, such as true multi-channel for distributing processing across multiple computers. This includes a panel only option for computers, that switches off the out-the-window rendering for better performance on multi-channel systems. The multi-channel information can be found in the Learning Center that ships with the client application. There is additional information in the SDK documentation that can be downloaded for free from the Prepar3D forums. The Learning Center documentation that comes with the Prepar3D and the SDK also explains in brief, how to configure the new Observer Mode camera system, sensor views (night vision etc), bathymetry and others. There are quite a few features to explore from what you may have been used to in the past, with more in the pipeline.Regards,John NicolPrepar3D

Hi,Multi-monitor setup should be the same as what you are probably used to, however there are a few features that have been added. We have also fixed the upper limit for monitors to allow more than 5 monitors. We have also created the ability for undocked windows to remember their last location so that when you restart Prepar3D, all is placed in the proper place without having to click and drag into position each time. We have also added in support for multi-touch monitors if you want to use these as soft-panels for instruments. Other features are also explained in the documentation that will assist developers, such as true multi-channel for distributing processing across multiple computers. This includes a panel only option for computers, that switches off the out-the-window rendering for better performance on multi-channel systems. The multi-channel information can be found in the Learning Center that ships with the client application. There is additional information in the SDK documentation that can be downloaded for free from the Prepar3D forums. The Learning Center documentation that comes with the Prepar3D and the SDK also explains in brief, how to configure the new Observer Mode camera system, sensor views (night vision etc), bathymetry and others. There are quite a few features to explore from what you may have been used to in the past, with more in the pipeline.Regards,John NicolPrepar3D
With multichannel would I be able to achieve much higher performance?

Thanks for your help!Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2