Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Prepping RC4 for FSX...

Hi I'm finally fully moving from FS9 to FSX and I need a little help moving RC4 over. I have RC4 on a network machine, can I just use this same install and somehow update the path to my new PC and to the FSX installation on the new PC? I have wideFS and FSUIPC installed on the new PC. Or do I have to do a reinstall? Thnx for the help!!Richard

If RC is installed on the same client PC your registration should still be intact. You'll need to update to FSUIPC 4 where needed from the links at the forum top.After you have installed the latest makerwys.exe in your FSX folder, you run that manually first to create the data to be transferred on the host PC. On your client you'll need to update the paths to the new PC.I suggest making a .txt file of the lengthy path to FSX from your client on your client so you can copy/paste the path into the RC scenery rebuild dialog on your client. It avoids typos with that long path.It is highly advisable in VISTA or Win 7 to not put FSX in a Program Files tree folder to reduce security access protection conflicts in VISTA and Win 7. Be sure your client PC has full access rights to your host and your host has full access rights to your client.You also may wish to rename the rcv4 folder to rcv4x to comply with RC's naming convention for FSX access and then with your path updates RC should be able to copy r5.csv to that rcv4xdata folder for further processing during scenery rebuilds.See the FSUIPC forum about changes in WideFS needed to run with FSX. On the client side FSUIPC4 will take care of that component.

Hi Ron,Thanks a lot for the instructions - I should be able to go ahead and get it all set up now.Richard

One caution. Since you have both FSX and FS9 installed, be sure you put in the correct path for FSX to use with RC in your Rcv4x folder. Don't path to FS9. Also create a shortcut to Rcv4.exe in the rcv4x folder renaming it rcv4x in case you want to leave your FS9 version in place. Then for the shortcut properties assign run as admin for the program level (not user level) security privileges. It is recommended to do the same for your FSX shortcut.