Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Aerofly FS....looking forward to it!

I just ordered Aerofly FS. I'm really looking forward to it, because I think it represents a great alternative sim. Yes, it's only Switzerland, but I'm sure that if the sim is widely accepted it will expand exponentially. It certainly looks more sophisticated and realistic than what I've seen of Microsoft Flight. However, I'm also looking forward to the release of Flight as well.Now that I've got the 600 gig Raptor Hard drive, I've got plenty of room for some simulator variation. With shipping and tax, Aerofly will cost approximately $60. Since it's not a small downloadable product, I will be waiting patiently for the discs to arrive.Stan

Stan, I had looked at that Sim but really could not get enough info/images/video to convince me. Although just Switerzerland, is the landclass correct? Is there other user videos that might be posted on the web? Let me know because I am always looking.RegardsBob

There are some great videos on YouTube. This one shows the Cessna 172 SP in action. Very compelling:

I really like the cockpit shadows.Let's hope it evolves to become another great flight sim app!

Guest bstolle

Switzerland X has less details but the glaciers aren't blue :( In FSX with zoom 0.3 you have a greater sense of speed and the default FSX F/A-18 VC is lightyears ahead of the Aerofly version (and the FDE as well)Furthermore cruising along the Alps with 40NM or more viz is really beautiful in FSX due to the realistic high visibility but in Aerofly FS it's constanly hazy

Edited by bstolle

I would disagree. I find the F18 in Aerofly much better to fly, HUD is easy to read, constant 60FPS, NO BLURRIES! Flight dynamics are very good, apart from near stall. If you fly the aircraft normally, it feels great. Sense of speed is fantastic, far better better than FSX.I just looked at my Aerofly FSX screenshots I have taken compared to Swiss Pro in FSX and Swiss Pro look so dated. I could post a comparison if you want. My review is herehttp://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=198650

-Iain Watson-

Guest bstolle
Flight dynamics are very good,.
+38G to -32G is 'very good' for you ? the missing fbw etc..? U aren't serious....

At the extremes of the envelope, the behaviour is not good. But if you fly the aircraft normally, it feels realistic. I am also not expecting FBW system's in a sim like this.I just popped into FSX. F18, max low level speed, 1200kts, mach 1.8, pull back, +28g. Aerofly, Max speed 940kts, mach 1.4, pull back 29G.Light years ahead???

Edited by Hellfire

-Iain Watson-

Guest bstolle

+28Gs with crash and stress detection enabled? Never. (apart from the negligible 300kts difference)

AI aircraft and runway bugs can cause crash in FSX; most people disable it. To say it's light years ahead is wrong, to say that Aeroflight does not have overstress or crash detect in the air for the F18 is correct. Other aircraft have it, you can rip the wings off the glider or the cessna with too many G's. You can't go faster than Mach 1 in the F18 in Aerosoft without burner, around 550kts, max, in FSX F18, you can easily go mach 1.1, supercruise at see level lol....

-Iain Watson-

You know what, as a starting point, that's not bad. Not bad at all. It's things like this that will be seed for the future of proper flight sims, all credit to them.

That mesh resolution on the mountains is unbelievable!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776