Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

need new headset with mike

Well, I ended up with a new Planatronics 380 with 3.5mm plugs, which is really want I wanted anyway, they just plug into my sound card and they sound great, so far I'm very happy with them. A lot lighter then my old ones and love the new stick type of mic.. so...if they last me a year and a half thats good enough.thanks anyways for $50 I think I got a good pair for that price.

Ciao!

Well, I ended up with a new Planatronics 380 with 3.5mm plugs, which is really want I wanted anyway, they just plug into my sound card and they sound great, so far I'm very happy with them. A lot lighter then my old ones and love the new stick type of mic.. so...if they last me a year and a half thats good enough.thanks anyways for $50 I think I got a good pair for that price.
Enjoy it! It seems great.

Oh boy what a freakin nightmare...at first everything worked perfectly then boom, nothing.. sopulled my creative labs x-fi sound card out and plugged everything back in to my default sound on my mobo, got sound but no micput my new rig in my old work computer - worked like a champ, now I now my headset/mic worksupdated my ASUS audio sounds, no lost everything! no mic or soundwhen into my speaker and rolled back driversNOW EVERYTHING WORKS!OH GO FIGURE!this if course has just taken about 5 hrs.. trying to chase this mess down and I'm still not sure what I did! LOL

Ciao!

Now don't start readjusting settings further or it will all go away again :lol: .Microsoft constantly rearranges their configuration procedures on purpose in order to confuse everyone!Witness Win8Beta Control Panel renamed this:"Programs and Features | Uninstall or Change a Program"to this: "Bob Saw It. | Now He Don't No Mo'! See?"

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.