Sign in to follow this  
Rudi

Carenado P46T is just superb

I think this add-on is absolutely one of the best I've ever seen and for me well worth the very reasonable price. The interior is spectacular, the gauge quality is excellent and very clear, the sounds are immersive, and the flight dynamics are completely convincing. Well done, Carenado.

Looks like they issued a service update to it today! :(

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quite disappoined that they apparently couldn't figure out how to load the RXP flight plan in the G600 MFD. Would've been a must-have. Hope the upcoming Beech is either has steam gauges or that they've figured it out by then.

Edited by VPA159

Quite disappoined that they apparently couldn't figure out how to load the RXP flight plan in the G600 MFD.
I don't know if it helps, but no dev has 'found out' so far. So maybe you are expecting too much in that aspect. Although I fully agree, it would be a nice feature.

Guest bstolle

But at least VPA159 changed the 'horrible' into 'quite'.... :(

Looks good fly good, but if wanna use it for some site seeing..(scenery enjoyment) then this is NOT the plane for that. Field of outside view limited. So for me it is not my kinda plane. I prefer any plane with better view outside. I find the windows particular small with a ENORMOUS HUGE window pillar on the sides that totally block out the view.But still there is no proper maintenance system, Accumulative engine wears etc, It is not a PMDG systems wise. there are definately some errors on some systems and Turbine engines seem to be simulated only within confines of FSX system modeling and not to what is happining in real life.So yeah still just a set of flying textures for me, but I must admit, it still has a very good flight model...

I don't see an "update" for the P46T from Carenado as is referred to in this thread. Please point to where that is.Stan

I think you have to log in at Carenado's and then click on the update section. Might be bound to your account, not freely available. Just assuming though, but that's the way it was with previous releases.

I am really enjoying the plane but I must agree about the view to the outside. I have been extremely spoiled by Carenado's 337. I probably fly the 337 more than any other plane at the moment.49'ers/Saints - What a game.Bob

I think this add-on is absolutely one of the best I've ever seen and for me well worth the very reasonable price. The interior is spectacular, the gauge quality is excellent and very clear, the sounds are immersive, and the flight dynamics are completely convincing. Well done, Carenado.
I couldn't agree more. We all know there are limits within FSX but this is without a doubt the best turboprop engine modeling I've seen yet. The FDE is a joy and of course the usual equisite Carenado interior and exterior eye candy.

IDK... Initially it was not superb (RXP gauges disabling clickspots) and I still don't think it is due to the issue with showing the flight plan between the G430 and/or 530 and G500 PFD/MFD. Yeah it would be tough to code that's for sure.Other things that were upsetting (maybe fixed in the latest patch I've not been home to try it in a few days) would be the tiny tiny clickspots (in general) and the push function clickspot for the G500 MFD - which is hidden under the knob in normal perspective... only by lowering my seat was I able to get it.Other than that, I'd say it's a solid plane - fde is pretty good, the interior graphics are nice (with the exception of the G500 being hard to read at reasonable zoom levels), the sounds are nice, the exterior is beautiful.I think what was hardest for me was seeing it released like it was with the glaring clickspot errors. I was one of those guys who the moment the announcement came out was all over this (like a fat boy on chocolate cake!) And then in the state it was just really let me down and felt like "just another Carenado release." I'm glad people were able to see it after the patch because Carenado told me they fixed all the I issues I was concerned with (though I never mentioned the tiny clickspots). I'm glad they made a patch but really? Is every release going to require a patch three days later??? *sigh*That's why it's not a superb release.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've fixed the G500 clickspot in my G500 mod... hopefully SP2 will bring it out under the Carenado banner..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Quite tempted to get this, is it bug free, particularly the fuel system. I love the 337 but I am surprised there is not additional patch to fix the fuel system. Pump switches and cut off switches are pointless when they are so badly programmed, for a unique twin, it's a shame that control e is about as realistic as a manual start procedure. Carenado seem to release a patch very soon after initial release then move on to the next product.

-Iain Watson-