Just bought ASE and really love the wx generation but even though I have set it to update the weather every 20 minutes the program takes the wx out of the sim and updates it every minute or every two minutes. I am on Win 7 64 bit running the application normally and cannot figure this out. All help very appreciated.Thanks,

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I've bought ASE four days ago,so I haven't used it a lot but I have encountered the same problem with FS9 Win7 64 bit also....I will do some tests tomorrow to see if it happens all the time.

First we should not confuse the weather station update and the downloaded weather.The 20 minutes you are speaking are the interval time between two downloads from a server. Of course the stations will be updated also. But only those, from your aircraft and inside of the range specified by the local suppression range slider if you use this option.If you uncheck the automatic downloads there will no other dowloanded weather. But the weather stations will be updated anyway, from a file but not from a download.The weather stations will not be updated if you fly under the "suppression ceiling" altitude if you use this option. Otherwise they will be updated evry one minute or two. I found it very often......It will be a good idea if we could set this interval.....You can also prevent the weather stations from being updated when you are on the ground by selecting the "Suppress On Ground" option. But it seems it doesn't work for me....I have to check it again to see why...may be I did something wrong.That's all...I'm french...so sorry for my english...I hope I have been clear enough

Philip, your English is better than a lot of people I know who speak anglais as a first language! mon français, d'autre part est horrible.Je ne parle pas français mais rappelez-vous comment on dit "dans la piscine" à partir du milieuscolaire français (with a little help from Google translate) :)

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi PSolk,Thank you for your effort. Even if I haven't understood everything....The Google translator is not always efficient.It's a pleasure for me to read some few words in french in an english ( or american ) forum.it's a pity that french community is not more involved in the world of flight simulator....but I remember that when I was a student I would prefer the books of mathematics in english than those written by french....they were more precise and much more cleverly written.And to finish if I could speak english fluently I would probably already a Ryanair pilot......By the way, do you know what we say about Air France: "they taught the birds how to fly"That tell you a lot about the french attitude.....