Sign in to follow this  
gmohr

Orbx - help me chose!

Hi all! I'm looking for your choice here. I need one orbix NA region and one airport pack to base my Accusim Cub out of. Something with some really fun locations to explore (nearby.... This is a Cub after all).Thanks in advance-George

I would get the PNW pack first which includes Bowerman and many other fairly detailed airports and "fun" strips to push your cub down.Also maybe Fall City.Check out the screen shots and videos at www.fullterrain.comRon

Ron Service

I would suggest NA Blue Pacific Northwest, and for airports, I have a few but I really like Harvey Field.

I would get the PNW pack first which includes Bowerman and many other fairly detailed airports and "fun" strips to push your cub down.Also maybe Fall City.Check out the screen shots and videos at www.fullterrain.comRon
I'd agree with this as a starting point.

Pnw and concrete muni.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Yes, I would suggest PNW as well. They have a demo on their website.Cheers,Clem

Yeah, PNW seems indeed like the best place to start, although I would like to add that I rarely, if ever, use it. I do have their Oceania regions and airports installed. Not that I fly there that much, but it gives me coverage of almost an entire continent.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I don't think it's possible to have just one airport but I usually fly the accusim cub out of Fall City. One of my favorite flights is from Fall City following I-90 over Snoqualmie pass to Cle Elum. Bring a sandwich, it is a Cub after all. :)Jim

PNW for sure as it has a couple freeware airports to visit too.

pnw, fish, well all 3 are you LOL! Voice to text. PNW, Vashon, Bowerman. All free, and a great start.Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Another vote for PNW. It's by far the best region they made imho. If you want an addon airport for your Cub, I would pick an airport that's a bit to the North-East of the PNW region: that's the most interesting region for typical Cub flights, I think (In my mind the Cub is a typical bushflyer.). The middle and western part of PNW (apart from the Olympic National Park region) is a bit flat and maybe boring. Bowerman is free, so definitely get it, but it's not the most interesting part of PNW. I'd go for Concrete: perfect as a base for some great Cub flights.Here is a map of PNW and all the Orbx addons airports they have (unless they released some more lately: I've lost contact with Orbx so I don't know). As you can see a lot of them are clustered together in a region that isn't too interesting for Cub flying (imho), from Orcas down to Jefferson or even further down to the free Vashon Island: way too much boring water. :( Concrete is situated pretty nicely. Other options are Darrington or Fall City, but Concrete is a lot more interesting when it comes to surrounding scenery (a nice city nearby with a lot of detail, a great dam, etc.)681PNW_Airports.jpg

Edited by J van E

yep have to agree a good starting area for the cub is the PNW area.I really like tacoma narrows,not been enhanced yet but still really cool place to go.I own all 4 areas in the NA series and really like all of them a lot.steve-0

J van E,Thanks for the map. That is just what I was looking for. I have all the NA series and several of the individual sites. IMO PNW should be the first purchase.Carl

Edited by ctiger

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You're welcome. BTW The airports in green are (usually very) small 'airports' that come with some of the addon airports (which are all in red).