Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

A good/perfect PSS POSKY 777 Merge?

I know no merge will be perfect to say the least as your putting a professional Panel/CFG with a Freeware Aircraft but I'm a really big fan and looking for an altn until CS or PMDG release their 777. I tried a few merges but always seemed to have an issue. Here's some I faced..-Pitching up and down while Climbing/Cruising/Descending-CDU Pref INT Approach page lets me set the VREF but shows my Origin instead of my Destination-CDU Frezzes when I want to switch pages (VNAV-PROG etc) so I have to re open them which was so annoying-Night VC Textures where I can see the gauges and buttons light up!Not sure if this is a problem or just the way the PSS FMC is but on the approaches there is no Transition and doesn't say ILS but of course the approach is ILS.Example: OCK1A and should be able to get the ''OCK'' transition on to RWY27R/L or RWY09R/L for EGLL?Sorry if this is a old topic but a good working merge would be good! If there is none and is worth waiting out for CS as they should be out in a few Months, of course wont be as good as PMDG's..Thanks

Edited by LukePabari

You need to do a search for this topic in this same forum (fs2004) for a topic re "777 FDE merge" started by member "twasono." it has all you need to know. It'll take some time to get the merge completed but it works.. I fly this one all the time. i work for Boeing and found I have my fuel numbers, etc matched pretty close to what my flightplanning software shows.Also, regarding your issues with freezing CDU, etc. Make sure you install is as using administrator rights. I had numerous issues, bugs, etc with this one at first.. reinstalled as per administrator and it was perfect. If you purchased it through justflight email them and make sure you have all the updates, etc. For the NAVIGATION make sure you have the latest updates for the FMS via NAVIGRAPH. My only gripe with this plane is the CDU always puts my TOD (top of descent) way too early to the arrival airfield. I just take the TOD that the papercopy of my flightplan shows and start a manual descent, either FLCH or VS to a lower altitude.I don't use the VC however so I ignored the setup for that. But that too does seem to work for most users.As for the transition to an ILS you mention it should work fine. I have done some flights into EDDS/EINN/EDDH/LSZH which uses RNAV arrivals to set up up for the approach twhatever runway the STAR is for. It has the transitions, etc and when using the LNAV will put you right on the approach. When flying in the U.S. most of our STARS just put you at a point where you then get vectored or have to fly a procedure to an ILS, etc so in that situation I put the STAR but will sometimes leave out the runway or once I get t the end of the STAR will fly the ILS using RAW DATA and the "APP" mode of the MFD vice the "MAP" mode, if that makes sense.This panel/plane combo works and feels very close to the real 777 if you get it working.

Edited by comicpilot

You need to do a search for this topic in this same forum (fs2004) for a topic re "777 FDE merge" started by member "twasono." it has all you need to know. It'll take some time to get the merge completed but it works.. I fly this one all the time. i work for Boeing and found I have my fuel numbers, etc matched pretty close to what my flightplanning software shows.Also, regarding your issues with freezing CDU, etc. Make sure you install is as using administrator rights. I had numerous issues, bugs, etc with this one at first.. reinstalled as per administrator and it was perfect. If you purchased it through justflight email them and make sure you have all the updates, etc. For the NAVIGATION make sure you have the latest updates for the FMS via NAVIGRAPH. My only gripe with this plane is the CDU always puts my TOD (top of descent) way too early to the arrival airfield. I just take the TOD that the papercopy of my flightplan shows and start a manual descent, either FLCH or VS to a lower altitude.I don't use the VC however so I ignored the setup for that. But that too does seem to work for most users.As for the transition to an ILS you mention it should work fine. I have done some flights into EDDS/EINN/EDDH/LSZH which uses RNAV arrivals to set up up for the approach twhatever runway the STAR is for. It has the transitions, etc and when using the LNAV will put you right on the approach. When flying in the U.S. most of our STARS just put you at a point where you then get vectored or have to fly a procedure to an ILS, etc so in that situation I put the STAR but will sometimes leave out the runway or once I get t the end of the STAR will fly the ILS using RAW DATA and the "APP" mode of the MFD vice the "MAP" mode, if that makes sense.This panel/plane combo works and feels very close to the real 777 if you get it working.
Ok I'll check it out and try it and I'll install PSS 777 as Admin! Yeah I got my Navigraph Subscription for a long time so I always make sure I have the latest cycle. Thanks for the response!

Luke,No problem. Sorry I wasn't able to give you more complete instructions, that other topic I referred you to though did a great job of fixing the merge issues, at least for me. Let us know if you need anymore help. Hopefully Trevor is able to also get you up and running.

Luke,No problem. Sorry I wasn't able to give you more complete instructions, that other topic I referred you to though did a great job of fixing the merge issues, at least for me. Let us know if you need anymore help. Hopefully Trevor is able to also get you up and running.
I actually had to send back my new Laptop due to the AMD Card failing so I ordered my new ASUS last night so should have it by early Next Week. I did go through that Merge and read most the feedback, edited the CFG a bit to what people said worked. Got the file ready just to add to the Aircraft file in FS9. Will let you know the out come after a flight or two! Cheers
Hi LukePM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you what you are looking for.Trevor
Hey Trevor, I actually have a merge ready from which ''ComicPilot'' directed me too but I'll send over my E-Mail to see how yours works too. Thanks for sending! I'll let you know the out come in a week or so.

Is there any chance someone can send me this merge as well? Been playing around with it lately and can't get any to work right! Thanks!

andrew_c.. If you can go to the forum discussion we mentioned above and read through it.. It sill give you a good dicussion of what to do and an understanding of the changes... What 777 are you flying ? the -300/ER, the -200? Do you use the VC? Because I do not, so not sure how my merge would work for you.