Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Really happy with FSX lately

I just wanted to comment on my happiness around FSX lately. I've never been this happy with my setup, since I can finally end my flight successfully.Mostly thanks to Pete and Bojote, but also generally to AVSIM and lots of other forums, helping to up my setup to have what I have now.In past 2 month, I did more FSX flights than in last year (where I went FSX all the way, after last upgrade) - successful ones, not counting those that crashed either inbetween or prior to landing.I'm now successfully enjoying good performance on the laptop - which was, funnily, a throw away object from a customer in my shop (where I work), and I took it home, took it apart, cleaned it, got in new HDD, since the old one wasn't working (that's why customer threw it away) - and been working with XP since then. Now it proved too slow for EFB, since it only had a Celeron CPU, so I upped a CPU, to T7500 dual core CPU (45€) and 2GB RAM (29€), and my HDD cost around 45€ back then - so I basically got a good working laptop for about 110€.The tweaks FSX is on now make it perform really really well - flying for two VAs now, which is really some immersive experience: BAV and DVA, both having a good supporting software and websites! All of that online, not had one problem yet with my setup (knock on wood). DVA actually measures average framerate - where my frames are locked at 30, but my flights end with about 27fps in average.On landings with my NGX at big airports, I do fly only VATSIM, I didn't see dips below 21fps - it's usually around 25fps.Also EFB on the iPad makes it for a really nice addition, giving me chart-like experience with current navigational data.Couple of iPhone shots if anyone cares :(

Edited by Kosta

I'm happy since Pete fixed those darn g3d.dll CTD's!!
+1I've never been happier. I can now just fly and enjoy FSX and all the great dynamic sceneries and complex payware airplanes. Like many here, I was skeptical. I did not think FSX would ever be fixed. I can't thank Pete enough.Que viva FSX!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just wanted to comment on my happiness around FSX lately. I've never been this happy with my setup, since I can finally end my flight successfully.Mostly thanks to Pete and Bojote, but also generally to AVSIM and lots of other forums, helping to up my setup to have what I have now.In past 2 month, I did more FSX flights than in last year (where I went FSX all the way, after last upgrade) - successful ones, not counting those that crashed either inbetween or prior to landing.I'm now successfully enjoying good performance on the laptop - which was, funnily, a throw away object from a customer in my shop (where I work), and I took it home, took it apart, cleaned it, got in new HDD, since the old one wasn't working (that's why customer threw it away) - and been working with XP since then. Now it proved too slow for EFB, since it only had a Celeron CPU, so I upped a CPU, to T7500 dual core CPU (45€) and 2GB RAM (29€), and my HDD cost around 45€ back then - so I basically got a good working laptop for about 110€.The tweaks FSX is on now make it perform really really well - flying for two VAs now, which is really some immersive experience: BAV and DVA, both having a good supporting software and websites! All of that online, not had one problem yet with my setup (knock on wood). DVA actually measures average framerate - where my frames are locked at 30, but my flights end with about 27fps in average.On landings with my NGX at big airports, I do fly only VATSIM, I didn't see dips below 21fps - it's usually around 25fps.Also EFB on the iPad makes it for a really nice addition, giving me chart-like experience with current navigational data.Couple of iPhone shots if anyone cares :(
Yeah, I agree. I wish they had one for the Kindle Fire!

It's nice to see people enjoying FSX after all these years. I remember the turmoil that happened upon it's launch, but it seems people have learned to become perfectly acceptable of it's limitations and boundaries. The advance in computer technologies has also increased enjoyment I believe. I for one can be filed in the "really happy with FSX lately" category myself.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg

Hi are you using AirDisplay (or similar) to get the Aivlasoft EFB on it?

Edited by rabid

Hi are you using AirDisplay (or similar) to get the Aivlasoft EFB on it?
Yeah, Airdisplay. The most I like about it is that EFB remembers the position of the software on the Airdisplay and keeps it there when I reload it.

Gawd... a positive post. After reading all the cr@*! in the MS Flighty forum it's nice to read someone is actually enjoying our hobby.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Gawd... a positive post. After reading all the cr@*! in the MS Flighty forum it's nice to read someone is actually enjoying our hobby.Clutch
Yes but that would be because this is the FSX forum :)

This a kind of golden age for me with FSX as well. Thanks to Nick's Guide, Bojote's tweaks, and great forum advice, I have a great setup on a 2006 vintage machine. So many of my favorite planes are now available, it is really terrific. I can't wait for the Quality Wings BAe 146!!!

David Norman Paul

Add me to the list of very happy with FSX lately!! I'm rolling! :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yes, gotta love Bojote's automated web page and now Inspector's built in FPS limiter. My FSX is usuable now. Thanks to all.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Yes, me too! After over clocking and using Bojote's tweaks FSX is now running reliably and smooth. :(

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg