Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2012

I heard about this a while ago and I think i saw a post on the Aerosoft forums saying that it would go into development, but does anybody know anything about this?

Never heard of it. But their entire own Flight Simulator platform? Yes, I believe they could definately do it. They know how to make sceneries. And they can also make some very good (basic) airplanes, like the Airbus X.

Last I heard was that it was quietly progressing, but slowly. It's been 're-branded' AFS 2015 now, so patience is required. There's a dedicated section on the aerosoft fora which is pretty dead though. If they decide to continue with the project I expect we'll hear about it in a year or two.

Last I heard of it was thay they abandoned the whole project... But if the forum is still up... Anyway, I wouldn't wait for it. :(

Latest statement I could find: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45525-afs-2012/"We have spoken a few times with the outtera team and I know it actually pretty well. But it is only a terrain rendering system. To make it into a simulator means bolting on a lot of additional modules, not our preferred method. For now X-Plane 10 is our favorite sim, we are checking out MS FLIGHT and at a very slow pace are still working on our own project. All we do is easily exported to different platforms, unless the simulator has limitations (like FS2004 does not allow many of the things we use in FSX)."Make of that what you will.