Sign in to follow this  
777-Pilot

CFG-Tweaks for better performance

I could notice one thing that was wrong and could be causing low FPS! You have set PoolSize=0. What you should use is something like:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=1PoolSize=100000000RejectTreshold=131072For old graphics cards like mine use: [bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0RejectTreshold=131072

That would be the chip "throttling" itself. Much as a commercial jet only uses the power it needs for takeoff, the newer Intel chips only use the power (clock speed) they need. I'm OC'ed to 4.6 and basically, when I'm idle at Windows desktop, it will mainly stay at 1.6 and occasionally jump to 4.6. It's only "turning on" when it actually processes something. It is totally normal for it to be at 1.6GHz, especially with no programs running.I don't know the technical details of what's going on inside the chip, but I do know it's doing that for efficiency.
So you do not think that this decreases performance?
I could notice one thing that was wrong and could be causing low FPS! You have set PoolSize=0. What you should use is something like:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=1PoolSize=100000000RejectTreshold=131072For old graphics cards like mine use:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0RejectTreshold=131072
This sadly did not work for me :-(

Sure William. see below.i7 2600K @4.5Kingston 8GB @1600MHZGigabyte Z68 UD4-B3 MainboardGigabyte GTX 580 1.5GBCoolerMaster Case ( one of the best I have owned, cost the price of a small country)Enermax 900W PSUWD 600GB Vrap FSXWD Black OS..W764WD Green 1TB StorageViewsonic HDMI 1080 LED 24"SAMSUNG 22" LCD att to Toshiba L650 Laptop for external FSX apps etcCH Eclipse Yoke & PedalsEmpty Wallet.
Julian can i ask the model of CoolerMaster case you are refering to. I'm a bit of a CoolerMaster fan. I have two of them.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Disabling vsync can help, but you may have problems with tearing when you pan around.

Julian can i ask the model of CoolerMaster case you are refering to. I'm a bit of a CoolerMaster fan. I have two of them.Regards,
Hi Rick, it is the COOLER MASTER HAF 922. A good solid case, plenty of cooling.Regards
So you do not think that this decreases performance?This sadly did not work for me :-(
BufferPools is trial and error. user pools=0 benifits older systems. There is a thread by PJ on the MSFSX forum, PJ explains in detail the pro's and con's of Buffer Pools. Will try and find the link for you.Edit. Good read http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347612-stutters-at-my-wits-end/page__hl__bufferpoolsRegards Edited by ZK-SUH

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have no found the best value for me: I just set PoolSize=0 in [bUFFERPOOLS]. No the frames only sometimes go down to 16 FPS in Frankfurt. (Although my system actually is less than a month old...)No I am searching for a good FPS limiter. I have founf FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar, but I do not know how to open/use it. Would be great if you had some tips, BUT OTHER TWEAKS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!Cheers

I don't use a limiter, never have. I have FSX locked @30, which seems to work very well for me. others who use a limiter may chime in here, as have little experience with it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Rick, it is the COOLER MASTER HAF 922. A good solid case, plenty of cooling.Regards
Good choice. That's my other case. The only negative with that case is (IMO) that there is no filter on the 200mm side fan.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Good choice. That's my other case. The only negative with that case is (IMO) that there is no filter on the 200mm side fan.
I believe you can buy a filter for them. have lost the link, but google should find it. I must get one. Edited by ZK-SUH

Go here http://www.kegetys.net/misc/ and download d3d antilag. Just drop the files in your main fsx folder. Also at low fps, it will seem waaay smoother because it removes almost every stutter. It's also a good external frame limiter, i can't live without it now!
When you say just drop it in the main fsx folder...do you mean the fsx.cfg file or Microsoft Flight Simulator X executable ? And when do you change the FPS limit before it is installed or after?Sorry but I am struggling with all these settings also...thanks

Put it in your main fsx folder, where fsx.exe resides. It should consist of 2 files, a dll and a settings file (cfg or ini). Open the settings file & set framerate to 30 (or whatever you want) & change the framerate inside fsx to unlimited. Nothing else to do, it will kick in automatically when you run fsx.

Edited by MrKen

There's another external limiter you could try, but I don't recall the name. A forum search will turn up a link. It requires you have java installed & uses a bat file to run fsx