Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Possible to permanently turn OFF the default FSX ATIS?

I've noticed when flying online to Dublin (EIDW) that when tuned in to 122.800 which is the normal unicom freq when getting close to Dublin this appearently is the same freq used for ATIS for some of the nearby airports which causes the ATIS info to be displayed scrolling in the FSX session and I also get the ATIS voice.Is it possible to switch this feature OFF in FSX somehow? I checked through the menus but couldn't find anything specific to ATIS info.

Richard Åsberg

Hi WebMaximus! In your sound settings tab, Un-check voice and in the General settings tab, un-check all the ATC options. This will shut down FSX ATC and are the settings I use when on-line or when using Radar Contact.Jim

Jim Wenham

I thought those settings were only for pilot and ATC voices but I'll try what you suggest.Thanks!

Richard Åsberg

get Active Sky 2012 and it will give you an option where you can have voice flghtwatch anywhere you fly on 122.0a very handy feature when you fly the back country like I do.

Ciao!

Already have AS 2012 but in combination with EFB it's very easy to bring up the METAR for your destination or any other airport you would like.Thanks anyway :(

Richard Åsberg