Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

NGX skills transferring to real life

After a long wait since last May when I had a medical issue that had me loose my medical, I lost my Beechjet flying job and have had to go months waiting the FAA mandatory 6 month time period before reapplying for my medical. Back before Christmas and after many stressful medical tests for the heart, I AM BACK woohoo! Got my health cleared 100% my 1st class medical, now just GOT a job yesterday flying another Beechjet 400A for a HUGE jet charter company in the northeast with a path towards existing Gulfstreams, one on site Legacy Jet and perhaps, yes perhaps a BBJ rumored in the near future! My BBJ dreams may come true someday .... haha...imagine that.... NGX to real BBJ!Heck, for now I'm just thrilled to get flying again, in a real Beechjet that uses the same basic Boeing PFD, MFD etc!! good enough for me....Peter

Congrats, Peter.I've a medical condition that prevents me from flying in real life,but I still got 15 minutes in a glider and 30 minutes flying lesson,Best of luck in your career.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've a medical condition that prevents me from flying in real life,
Same here on my side. I´ve been born with an cardiac defect which has been fixed some time after but that all prevents me from flying te real big ones. I hope I´ll be able to make an PL or UL licence in the future. AND I´m on learning to fly a sailplane which is definitely a bit more difficult than a C152.Oh, and congrats for your future, Peter. I wish I would be you! :(

Man, thats my worst nightmare. I really feel for you. Sometimes It keeps me up at night knowing my full career rests on being able to pass my second class. Knowing that Cancer, heart, eyes and any other host of illness like that to plague the human body can ruin someone in this profession is a scarry thing.Do you have a backup profession?

Thats great news Peter, losing a medical is a huge loss, getting it back with no restrictions has to be a great reason to celebrate.

Jay

Nice one Peter. Congratulations matey...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

thanks for the nice replies... I've already completed my recurrent training and am now flying again almost daily! woohoo

Well done you must be over the moon thats great. All the best from 'down-under'