Sign in to follow this  
JakobF

Has anyone got this warning? or actually no warning.

After a flight from Palma De Mallorca to Gibraltar, I went under Failures to how many hours I have flown. And there was one active failure, and I looked with amazement, to see which failure I had got. Without any warning comming up. :)And there it was, a Nose Tire Balance failure. Does anyone know something about this? I have looked in the FCOM and searched the net but no dice.. :(To me it just have to be that the nose gear is out of balance and needs to be recalibrated? :)Best regards and happy landingsJakob

Edited by JakobF

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Had this happen once, too. I think it happens when you make sharp turns at high speeds too often. I try to slow down to about 10 kn before making those kind of turns, never had it happen since.Quote from the Intro PDF:"Nose tire imbalance can be caused by excessive wear on the nose gear tires, or by touching down nose wheel first. If you hear a very loud (and annoying!) rattle as the nose lifts off during takeoff, you likely need to service the nose tires!)"

Edited by ckeddf

Ah Yeah okay, thank you very much! ;-) Well services the whells so every thing is tip top! ;-) Thought it was a "funny failure" to get. :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

If I recall correctly, this failure showed up on my NGX after touching down a little too hard at Innsbruck, LOWI, the other day. At least that's what I thought to be the reason back then...Oliver BranaschkySent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Oliver Branaschky

Do you experienced more vibrations from the airplane or the failure was only shown on the CDU?On the real one the pilots are the only ones able to determine this "failure" and the result is an high vibration varying with speed.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

After a flight from Palma De Mallorca to Gibraltar, I went under Failures to how many hours I have flown. And there was one active failure, and I looked with amazement, to see which failure I had got. Without any warning comming up. :)And there it was, a Nose Tire Balance failure. Does anyone know something about this? I have looked in the FCOM and searched the net but no dice.. :sad:To me it just have to be that the nose gear is out of balance and needs to be recalibrated? :)Best regards and happy landingsJakob
Front tire is out of balance, or you have flat spots on the tire from "mishandling" the plane :) LOL I just had to say that considering you just got a job as a 737 F/O.. BTW congrats on the new job and don't destroy any real 737 tires

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Front tire is out of balance, or you have flat spots on the tire from "mishandling" the plane :) LOL I just had to say that considering you just got a job as a 737 F/O.. BTW congrats on the new job and don't destroy any real 737 tires
Haha :-) well I haven't miss treated the plane I can assure you of that. But I could have taken a turn to fast or sharp where my mind was gone for a sec or two. :-) But I know that in turns your speed should be very slow. :-P Thank you very much, and I won't do that! They are crazy expensive! :-P Edited by JakobF

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Well for some years now you will not taxi anyway (captain basically always taxis, most if not all planes dont even have nosewheel control on FO side), so no sweat :)

Well for some years now you will not taxi anyway (captain basically always taxis, most if not all planes dont even have nosewheel control on FO side), so no sweat :)
Hi Fabo, oh I know that, but still would never ever do something rash! ;-) Being safe and filling the procedures is the only way. Besides the times when you have to think out of the box. ;-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

That seems to be a good basic guide to surviving as an airline pilot.When can we expect some real Jettime configurations coming by the way? :)

We had 2 planes in our fleet (from england) with tiller on the left and right. :lol:Congratulations Jakobs for the new job! ;)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Andrea,from England? Which airline?so far I only heard about KLM using that option, but even that is just hearsay.

As far as I can remember they were ex british airways, but I'm searching in my pictures gallery to be sure about them.One of them was EI-DMR (previously named G-DOCR) the other G-DOCB.They were "curious" -400.On the overhead panel they have the digital meters like on the NGs, but, the engine gauges are analogic like on older 737, double tiller and digital emergency annunciators.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

That seems to be a good basic guide to surviving as an airline pilot.When can we expect some real Jettime configurations coming by the way? :)

Hi Fabo yes og coursewriter do you have the JTG livery? ;-)

MCP: Honeywell

Default acc height/reduction/cutback : set to 1000'

Stby instrument: analog

Hgs: No

Auto land: Fail Passive

Air stair: yes ( some of them has airstairs)

Short field package: No

Flight test: No

Brakes: Steel

ETOPS: None

Single Class

Sec. Jumpseat: some of them has

Satcom: No

Eyebrows: on the 700 no on 300 yes :-)

Yoke checklist f/o/captain: yes

Alt callouts: yes

2500/1000/500/50/30/20/10

Minimums minimums

V1 callout: On

Bank angle: On

Terrain: On

Water in cyan: No

Display types: at the moment EFIS/MAP but they are in progress of changing them to PFD/ND

Flight director: Split axis

Groundspeed: On

Vref bug: On

Rising rwy: On

PFD/ND NPS: On

Pitch limit ind pop up: On

Round rad alt dial: Off

Aoa: On

Ldg alt bar: On

2500ft height alert: On

Low airspeed alert: On

Show landing flaps: On

Fpv heading scale: On

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Thanks Jakob. I will make sure that this goes out one way our another.