Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Thank you Discovery Channel!

Hey guys,with much interest I followed the topic about a new discovery series "Flying Wild Alaska" some time back. Too bad it wasn´t available here in Germany back then. But when I today switched in, I didn´t belive my eyes: They finally made it and aired the fist episodes here in Germany. I watched the second episode and I this evening should come the next one. I really like this series, it really gives nice and in depth insight on the avation business.

, it really gives nice and in depth insight on the avation business.
With everything on TV it is sensationalized.

One word:ARIEL
Yep, every pilots dream. :)Last night she was hanging by a climbing line stealing seagull eggs. She is a trooper. She must have the record for longest time before solo. Are we sure that she is Mr Tweetos kid? ;)Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

I like the show, everything is sensationalized, like last night they called a traffic advisory and it became some 5-minute drawn out drama, always harping on about how the next thing can kill you. But overall, I enjoy the flying action, the scenery and the Alaskan way of life being shown on TV.

I like the show, everything is sensationalized, like last night they called a traffic advisory and it became some 5-minute drawn out drama, always harping on about how the next thing can kill you. But overall, I enjoy the flying action, the scenery and the Alaskan way of life being shown on TV.
Sure it is sometimes but against some really bad "scripted reality" series running on other channels here in Germany it is pretty unsensational.

Check out Ariel's appearances on Craig Ferguson on youtube. Hilarious. And Yeah, Ariel and Ayla are awesome.

Noah Bryant

Ariel annoys me... she actually makes me almost not wanna watch the show at all.

WEll, in this connection, how it the Carenado C208? I´d like to make some of their flights.

Ariel annoys me... she actually makes me almost not wanna watch the show at all.
She annoys me too, but I see it with a different light: This whole show was made for her, because she wants to be an actress. I read that in an interview somewhere. Add to that her performance on the TV show "wipeout" and her name in the credits of FWA as an associate producer, you can tell she is trying hard to be in the limelight. So, I put up with her as she has made possible the showcase of a beautiful industry. Jim Tweto stated he did the show for her to gain fame.
WEll, in this connection, how it the Carenado C208? I´d like to make some of their flights.
I like it, it's typical carenado quality and there is also a repaint floating around in the green/yellow livery.

I like it, it's typical carenado quality and there is also a repaint floating around in the green/yellow livery.
How would you rank it against the C337 which I´ve got?

The Caravan has an issue with almost-idle throttle. Without the fix, which can be found here in the forums, the plane acts like you throw a parachute out the back when you drop the throttle below a certain point while approaching the airport. Otherwise, it's good.

Noah Bryant

This whole show was made for her, because she wants to be an actress. I read that in an interview somewhere.
That makes sense. As much as I like the show, there's this underlining feeling that there's something else going on. I actually always thought that the whole idea for the show started with one of them in the family, so that makes sense. You have to edit some stuff out, like how they make everything seem like a life-death situation. Or how they go ballistic about causing an, "international incident," when flying near Russia as if this were still the cold war....Look out for MiGs!

Noah Bryant