Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Writes

Are you a aircraft person or scenery person?

You can't say both
Of course I can. And I will: Both! Why? Because for me simming is the inseparable combination of excellent aircaft and excellent scenery working together to create the perfect illusion. If either one is bad the illusion breaks. But if I sit in an excellent virtual aircraft flying over excellent virtual landscapes eveything comes together as it should. I absolutely refuse to pick the one or the other and sheer numbers aren't any gauge for the importance.Favourite scenery: everything orbx, with the preference of the Pacific Northwest/Pacific FjordsFavourite aircraft: everything A2A and the PMDG 737NGX. Edited by Jigsaw

Look to the left just a little bit, then up just a little bit.Any airplane will do, even the default 172. I could use some time getting to know the few planes I've bought, but that takes away from the enjoyment of the scenery.

Guest jahman
Okay, Jahman.Okay, Jahman. :(
You're so funny!You're so funny! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Great topic.It has varied for me over the various versions. In FS2002, and especially FS2004, we had SO MANY great heavy-metal add-ons that I tended to buy fewer scenery add-ons. With FSX, it was just the opposite, I have spent WAAAAAYY more money on scenery. I think this has to do with the fact that very few native FSX airliners came out at first and, as we did the SP dance with ACES - where SPs were breaking things - I think some add-on aircraft were a bit delayed. Also, we had a bit of drama where FSX performance was an issue and many refused to come to FSX for years. So, it seemed easier to get scenery.We still have very few new creations for FSX in the airliner world; I think just PMDG (in terms of anything that isn't "lite").

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Scenery person. The NGX is my browser for google earth.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Scenery. Mostly military. Mostly home made. Also your occasional Zeppelin. Like me some FA-18, C-130, T-38, A-10, T-6a Texan II, Diamond DA 20.Jim

Scenery! I just need a few good aircraft, but I never get tired of flying and discovering new places...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Nothing like flying the PMDG 747 (Singapore livery or the Lufthansa paint) and land in an awesome scenery like the fs9 Portland from flight scenery or at St. Marteen with the Fly Tampa scenery:)MannyAlthough I am for both, I can do with a few good aircraft, but I need lots more scenery.I mean with a PMDG 747 and a few other good GA twins I am a happy man as for as aircrafts are concerned... but I cannot be satiated with few scenery. I need a constant shot of new scenery every week/month... I am like a crack addict when it comes to scenery.So If I have to choose, Its gonna be scenery I guyss.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes I can: Both!What I enjoy is a RW flying experience, and that to me requires:
  1. Scenery
  2. Aircraft
  3. FPS.

Ditto! :(

Bert

A good question and very tough. I think I'd go with planes though, the default FSX planes are silly toys. At least the default airports exist and for the most part are somewhat accurate. However, I will say that if I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably quit FS altogether so my real answer is, both.

Noah Bryant

I don't like choosing, nor someone telling me what to choose:I wouldn't touch FSX without both. Good scenery and NGX/747X both are standard equipment in my sim.