Sign in to follow this  
Ericson

G500 + Reality XP - will MFD show megenta line ?

Maybe the best solution is to get RXP to make a G500. They are the pros when it comes to FS GA avionics. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

Thanks Bert for your time and effort and wilingness to share.Much appreciated. :(

Edited by bliksimpie

The way I did it with the A36 Bonanza was to create pop ups of the Carenado 530 & 430. It just means that you have to enter the flight plan into both the Carenado and RXP guage. Another benfit of this method is, the RXP doesn't know all the airport ICAOs, the Carenado does!

I don't know how many of you if any use Aivlasoft EFB, but it will program the default GPS that the G500 works off of. The EFB allows you to input SID, STARS, and make flight plan changes on the fly. It won't write to the RXPs, but it will write to the default Carenado 530/430.

I'm interested in feedback
Hi Bert,I'm seeing something unusual which doesn't seem to match your popup screenshot. The track to next waypoint works beautifully in the VC view, but always draws well beyond the next waypoint in the popup view. Very strange.BTW, the display of glideslope for LPV approaches alone makes this mod invaluable!Scott

Hi Scott,Try adjusting your G500 popup window so that the CDI circleis round. The default is too "tall and skinny"This works well on a 16:10 monitor:[Window00]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1024,1024window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 0.621, 0.666window_pos= 0.010, 0.310no_luminous=1

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Try adjusting your G500 popup window so that the CDI circleis round. The default is too "tall and skinny"
I think that's it. No question the aspect ratio was off. I'll play with the numbers a bit as I want to shrink it some, but it looks like you're right on with the proportions for my 16:10 monitor.Scott

Thanks Bert for the files, followed your instructions to the letter, but i'm not getting a magenta line showing on the display, would'nt be anything to do with the aspect ratio like tttocs problem would it, i'm using triple head to go with a 5760x1080 display.Grant

No idea on the aspect ratio, but make sure you have the G500 in heading up mode!My standard test is: aircraft on the runway at KSFO, select Direct-To KOAK on the RXP GNSand watch the G500 MFD.

Bert

Guest Mik75

Hi Bert!I really would like to have that improvement for my freshly installed PA46T too! Actually, that was the first thing I recognised when I set up my test flight. Not having the G500 to show up anything (I do not use FSX's flightplanner very often), isn't too nice. And one reason for buying that plane was the integration of the RXP GNS ...One more question: I have the GNS 530 from RXP. Probably there is no way to couple the RXP 530 and the Carenado 430? If I want to have them interact, what do I need? The RXP GNS 430? Or the Unlimitied package? Is there any discount for me as a 530 customer?Thanks in advance & greets,Michael

If you would like to add a 430W and have the 530 and 430 talk to each other,you will have to purchase a 430W and the Unlimited package ($150 together..)in addition to the 530W which you already have.No discounts...Most folks go one step at a time... since it is not exactly inexpensive..

Bert

Guest Mik75

Hi Bert!Thank you for the fast answer! Okay, now I see how it works. Since I really think that the RXP-software is worth every cent, I'll get myself the 430 and the unlimiyed expansion pack this weekend. By the way, how will the update work you mentioned in the thread below? Is it full reinstall after a complete new download or is it any kind of a patch?

The about to be released V1.6. of the RXP gauges is going to make this modredundant - but it will work just fine with the modified gauge. Just turn off my "Magenta line"by clicking the MFD softkey, next to the De-clutter button.Or, for permanent disabling, edit the following line in the G500_config file:0 (>L:RXPtrack, bool) //RXP GNS track visible (disabled)

Bert

Hi guys,

I worked around about it and I got the following mod for that window. The size in mm corresponds to the courrent unit's aspect ratio. The real thing measures 10 x 6.7 x 8.25 inches WHL and my monitor is a 4:3 aspect ratio. Please notice that the "windowsize_ratio" line lacks of the usual "_" between window and size) This way is a lot easier to get the desired size without loosing the original aspect ratio.

Hope this helps.

Art Washton

[Window00]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,686

windowsize_ratio=0.550

position=7

visible=0

ident=MAIN_PANEL

//window_size= 0.500, 0.666

//window_pos= 0.010, 0.310

no_luminous=1