Sign in to follow this  
mackalex

FSRecorder with the NGX... HELP!

Hey guys, it's Alex!I have the latest Beta version of FSRecorder and have the latest service pack for the NGX. Evertime I record the NGX pushing back, taxiing, cruising, taking off, after recording it and playing the recording back the aircraft seems to have engines shutdown and basically almost a cold and dark aircraft. Even when recording a push-back and engine start I play the recording back and the aircraft moves but none of the switches turn on or off like I recorded and the engines don't start up and barely any of the systems in the whole aircraft operate normally during playback. Also when ending the playback the aircraft goes into a cold and dark stage just like it does during playback... I know confusing, right?!Please help! I am currently trying to make another episode of my "World Tour" series from Newark to Saint Maarten and I need to make another video now using the NGX, haven't made one in 4 months!Thanks!Alex.

Thats's normal. The NGX is an extremely advanced simulation and uses fsx almost only for a world where you can fly. It uses nothing default from the sim. FSRecorder records default basic data, like airspeeds, flaps, ailerons etc. It will never be able to recors every single switch in the cockpit, maybe only if the programmer will get the sdk (please, don't start asking ''when is the sdk coming''). The only thing i don't understand is why it doesn't record engines data. I recorded a nice low pass with a full power go-around, but engines stay at idle :(

What I do is start recording on approach and then stop recording at the gate. I still have the plane running and I manually set the flaps to the position they were on final, turn the landing lights back on along with the strobes, Then load the saved flight and it appears as an normal approach with everything working.If you shut the NGX down and then watch an FS Recorder Replay it's going to be a dead plane.

Edited by UAL115

What I do is start recording on approach and then stop recording at the gate. I still have the plane running and I manually set the flaps to the position they were on final, turn the landing lights back on along with the strobes, Then load the saved flight and it appears as an normal approach with everything working.If you shut the NGX down and then watch an FS Recorder Replay it's going to be a dead plane.
Paul, I've been wondering about how to use FS Recorder with the NGX myself. I'm curious how to use it for the purpose of making a video using external and VC views. I figured that I would need to do something along the same lines as you mention but how do I get all the instruments to display correctly? I haven't tried but was going to see if I could just work all the systems manually during the video capture phase after first reloading the route data before playback. I'm glad this topic has come up actually.

I'm curious how to use it for the purpose of making a video using external and VC views.
First you use FS-Recorder to record what you want to make a movie of. While your playing the Replay with FS-Recorder you use Fraps (Example) to make the actual movie. Then you can use some edits like Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas pro to edit your FRAPS movie. Then you can use either Windows Movie Maker or something like Sony Vegas Pro to edit and customize your video. It takes awhile to learn and you need the right programs to make it work, which is why most people just post screenshots. It's a whole lot easier. dirol.gif
how do I get all the instruments to display correctly?
Your can't it was never designed for that. Edited by UAL115

First you use FS-Recorder to record what you want to make a movie of. While your playing the Replay with FS-Recorder you use Fraps (Example) to make the actual movie. Then you can use some edits like Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas pro to edit your FRAPS movie. Then you can use either Windows Movie Maker or something like Sony Vegas Pro to edit and customize your video. It takes awhile to learn and you need the right programs to make it work, which is why most people just post screenshots. It's a whole lot easier. dirol.gifYour can't it was never designed for that.
No problems with the video editing side as I've been using Premiere Pro for years (thinking of getting Cyberlink PowerDirector as the Premiere version 2.0 is really too old now). I'll need to get FRAPS though. So when we see NGX videos on these forums and YouTube with VC views of final approaches and everything happening on the PFD and ND (and HGS) I'm assuming these are being captured live "in flight"? I could then use FS Recorded to blend in some external views during a replay?

With the Computer specs you have you might be able to get away with running Fraps live while you fly. But it takes a big hit on your frame rates.

Edited by UAL115

I doodle with the videos from time to time. But.. the puter I have right now is notmanly enough to run fraps for rendering. With my cheap low end video, the framerate, even on stock FSX planes, is too low for me to deal with anymore.I've been using fsrecorder for rendering since I got that "render" version.It's a pain because it does not record sound when rendering, but on the plusside, the frame rate will be fluid as due to it rendering frame by frame,you can run dense scenery and still have a good rate, even on low end puters.I've worked around the sound issue. I just render a recording, and then I go backand replay the same exact scene at normal speed, and record the audio track.I merge those together in the video editor.I just made one now as an example. This was an arrival into Corpus I just flew.The HOU-CRP run.. I start with the cockpit view, and then go to a spot view on landing.I'm hand flying of course.. There is no such thing as autoland in the wide, wide world ofa Southwest pilot.. :/

This one one I did a week or two ago.. It's mainly just showing the newersecond paint color for my 600 BBJ I run. I now have the original gold/blue,but now also one that is all blue trim.. It's my "Ford GT" version.. :)As some say, a drawback to fsrender is not all systems will show correctly.Some you can reset, but if you want to record stuff like autolands, andhave all systems show correctly, you will need to use fraps.In this video, I had the vref at 120, and had the MCP speed correct whenflying.. But it got changed when I rendered it, and I forgot to reset it whenI rendered the video.. So it's wrong.. Also I did an autoland here, eventhough I don't think that runway actually supports it in real life.Maybe they installed it by now, but in the past there was no catIIIthere. But I was lazy and decided to let the plane land itself. :/I like the belly views after it takes off.. :)

Yes the gentleman from South Carolina has it right. You have to leave everything running. If you go back to it at a later date you have to start up the aircraft before replaying your flight.

Edited by denver69