Sign in to follow this  
kpetru

dual monitor with the 737 ngx

hi !i'm 'flying' my planes within fsx on a dual monitor pcmonitor 1 is 'main panel' and on monitor 2 there are severalinstruments (i.e. radio stack,...) arranged for quick accessi open this additional windows on the main panel, disconnct them andmove them to monitor 2 - saving it as a flight brings up this'2 monitor cockpit' agaien when the propriate flight is loadedthat works fine with all my planes in fsx - and also for pmdg's 737in my 'old' fs2004but ist dos not work for the 737 NGX in my FSXevery time i move a disconnected window/panel from monitor 1 tomonitor 2 it turns empty and blackis this the normal behavior in fsx for the 737 NGX ?unfortunately PMDG cannot answer that question - they told me, thatnobody in PMDG has an 2 monitor environment to check that.... (poor anwer)for me it is an fsx-standard (as it was in all ms-FS's) to disconnect windowsand move them around wherever i wantis there anybody with the same problem and maybe with an solution ?i feel it very uncomfortable to permanently clcik throug all the panels andinstruments and fill up the main-cockpit with all this stuff?thanks for feedbackKurt

Do you mean the DU that you've just opened on the second screen goes black, or the space in the panel where the opened DU was? This is normal I think. If you open a DU/CDU by clicking the little + the one on the panel blanks. ---I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.727806,-1.945346

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I use two monitors with the NGX. but I have to run FSX in windowed mode (alt-enter) or I have the same problem. Also if I open too many windows in the second monitor it drags the framerate down. Hope this helps.

Jerry Sterner

thanks for your feedbacks@ quadraspleenyes both - zooming into an instrument brings up that instrument but blanks it outat its original position in the cockpit - than disconnecting it and moving itto monitor 2 blnaks it out completely....@ luscombeguythanks for the hint with windowed mode -i'll try

Hey,Indeed, go to windowed mode. Multi-screen in full screen mode is begging for problems.Bert Van Bulck

I'm running two different size screens (one 27 widescreen and one 24 square) and I have no probs. slight fr hit, but no issues. Can drag stuff all over, close windows, resize etc What graphics card, how much video ram? What O/S? Interestingly, fraps only seems to record the main screen---I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.727711,-1.945256

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I get way lower frame rates if I run I windowed mode. I can fully detach windows but I can already drag them onto the second screen in full screen mode anyway and gain 25-40fps

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

What OS and video card are you running? I expect this is fixable with a little troubleshooting and patience. Happy to help :)

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

thanks for your feedbacks@ quadraspleenyes both - zooming into an instrument brings up that instrument but blanks it outat its original position in the cockpit - than disconnecting it and moving itto monitor 2 blnaks it out completely....
Zooming into an instrument blanks out the original in the panel on mine but I can then move the zoomed window wherever without it blanking out. I think this is normal? I don't have any other PMDG planes so can't say. Surprised to hear no-one at PMDG has dual monitors! Edited by quadraspleen

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

In window mode you can "undock" the DU or FMC and move it to the second window. In full screen you can just drag it over and re size. The spot of the original DU or FMC will remain blank.

Dual monitors + FSX + PMDG = A load of pain and is disapointing. On my system anyway. I wish it worked.Multi displays. I've never got it to work. You get black screens, goofy mouse cursers. Difficulty exiting FSX to access your desktop. However I have to reserve judgment because I have only used this one system with FSX. It might be a different story on another system.I would of liked my set up to of developed in the multi-monitor direction, but PMDG, you feel, are more interested in getting us to fly in the 3D cockpit, which is fantastic when you start to get used to it.

I run a 40inch main monitor and a 27inch secondary monitor with the ngx. No problems with undocking panels noted - they don't black out for me - except frames do drop, and more importantly for me enb stops working once you click on a panel on the second monitor. Because of the enb problems i don't really use indocked panels any more, but they do work. Using a gtx570 in windowed mode.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

thanks for your feedbacks@ quadraspleen i run fsx with win7 home premium 64bit, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx 580pc and graphicscard are powerful enough to 'fly' with a 3d cockpiton one monitor and an open outside view of the planeon monitor 2 without losing smooth flight on both monitors - even whenyou move around the flying aircraft...but my problem with the 737NGX still exists - also in windowed mode....:-(

One way to possibly solve this problem is Digital Dual Head to Go. I fly the NGX with FSX spanned across two monitors using the virtual cockpit. No problems at all and the graphics are great.Don

Hi Kurt, yes it does.

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5