Sign in to follow this  
kpetru

dual monitor with the 737 ngx

@ Kpetru: you have an almost identical setup to me bar I am using W7 Ultimate x64. What Windows dezsktop theme are you using? have you followed NickN's graphical setup tweaks over at simmforums (http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html)This will work. It works absolutely fine with me. At cruise level I get a steady 60FPS (30 around most airports) with MCDU and ND both on second screen but blanked on original panel - which is a bit annoying, but hey, I've got NGX so who cares! I can drag; resize; open and close etc etc. never misses a beat.My graphics are unlimited in FSX; no external limiter and with Vsync turned ON in FSX.cfg. I've also O/C my CPU to 4.9 (water cooled) and my GTX580 massively using Afterburner, and it still all works so it must be something specific to your particular setup.Try NickN's windows appearance settings if you haven't already..I'm happy to send any cfg's or settings of various bits and bobs if you need any help (I run an IT support company so this is kind of my bag anyway - I've had enough grief with my system getting it to where it is now!) I know how important it is to get it running on two screens!which Nvidia drivers are you using and did you install the 3d driver/ If you have no 3d kit uninstall the drivers using the custom-> clean install option with the setup and only install the drivers and PhysX. Also uninstall the update module as it creates a dummy user on your PC which can sometimes cause issuesGood luck

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

hi quadraspleen !i have no performance issues on my pc and fsx runs perfect - the only issue is withthe 737ngx and multiple monitors/windows/panelsthe 'aircraft' itself flys perfect - high framrates - everthing is smoothso i have to go through all the hints i've got in this forumas soon as my problem is solved, i'll be back to share the solutionbut it will last at least two weeks because tomorrow i start anrealflight with an A380 to vacation :-) Kurt

2 suggestions1: try resizing the window after undocking & moving it.2: go to your nvidia control panel & try changing the physx controller.Edit: another thing to check is how many video card entries you have in your fsx.cfg. Multiple sections for the same card (sometimes with different settings in each one) did that to me once. After cleaning up fsx.cfg of the extra card entries all my undocked panels work great.

Edited by MrKen

Dual monitors + FSX + PMDG = A load of pain and is disapointing. On my system anyway. I wish it worked.Multi displays. I've never got it to work. You get black screens, goofy mouse cursers. Difficulty exiting FSX to access your desktop. However I have to reserve judgment because I have only used this one system with FSX. It might be a different story on another system.I would of liked my set up to of developed in the multi-monitor direction, but PMDG, you feel, are more interested in getting us to fly in the 3D cockpit, which is fantastic when you start to get used to it.
Here: FSX + PMDG + 6 screens. Runs perfectly.Since I disabled the ATI Eyefinity and hooked up my 3 main screens on my old Matrox, all CTD's were gone. I have all major instruments as panel on my 2 bottom screens and the complete forward and aft overhead on my "overhead" screen".Bert Van Bulck

hi everyone !returning from my vacation i startetd my 737ngx to go through all the hintsbut - surprise surprise - everything works fine with undocking windows and moving themto my second monitor.... - unless the original position in the cockpit stays blank... so i have no explanation what my problem was caused from......Kurt