Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Could AMD be improving their drivers due to MS FLight?

My thinking is MS would be asking for improved drivers for Flight and thinking the code is similar to FSX this could in turn resolve some issues?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Why would a DX 9 piece of software need improved drivers?What FSX issues are directly the result of AMD drivers? Please let me know because I have been an AMD/ATI man for life and nothing has ever caused a problem for me in any version of FS.

Really? Nothing? Works perfectly? Everytime I throw in my 6970 I get severe shimmering, AA issues, moire effects. And this is after some of the tweaks. And if you don't apply the tweaks you can have tearing, severe drop in FPS with clouds.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Why would a DX 9 piece of software need improved drivers?
POS :LMAO:

If thousands of FS users are using thousands of ATI/AMD drivers and there are not waves of reports of problems after HOW MANY years of usage, what does this come down to? I can post some 12.1 beta driver/FS9 shots if anyone would like!

Care to elaborate?
Jim is just that good. Ask him he'll tell ya.

Matt Wilson

Guest jahman
after HOW MANY years of usage
True only for older ATI/AMD cards. Useage of the 7xxx series can be measured only in terms of days.Cheers,- jahman.

Pardon me, but I see tons of complaints with users that have ATI/AMD cards in FSX. Why do you think Bojote created the Shader 3 mod? Jim, you said it yourself. You've been "an AMD/ATI man for life". That screams the fanboyism you so blatantly speak against on the Intel post. Give it a break, man.To the OP. I highly doubt FSX will benefit any driver updates for Flight.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Zach,3 posts since October 30th, hardly "tons of complaints" so quit blowing smoke.Yes, I have used AMD/ATI for life. That is a true statement, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to read into that go right ahead, but that's you doing that, not me.

Jim, you turned this thread about new drivers into some sort of quest for vindication for ATI/AMD. Just about every Intel/Nvidia/ATI/AMD thread you chime in on quickly turns into either this or an Intel vs. AMD/Nvidia vs ATI thread. The writing is on the walls. Me and everyone else in these forums "read into that".3 posts since October? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one tiny community and FSX is 6 years old. Folks have had enough time to know the best route for building or buying an FSX rig.Blowing smoke would be giving one and two word answers to a forum member here. Saying things like:

user error
If you've figured out the secret formula to having an AMD system running FSX balls to the wall, why don't you share it to those in need? --Besides the fact that you exclusively use default aircraft.-- It gets very tiresome having you give nonsensical statements, only to have no proof and no clues as to how you've achieved it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hey Jim, please tell me what's your secret? What card do you have and what settings in CCC? I could always try to replicate what you have.Clutch

CC,When I get back on that computer I'll be glad to post my information so hold tight!