Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Looking for solid fuel planner

Afternoon all- I am mixing in a bit of communter flying in with my GA / Bush flying. Specifically I am hitting the JS4100 and ERJv2 pretty hard the past couple of weeks. What I find I am missing is a solid fuel planner that will take into account loading, plan, APU time, taxi time, hold time etc.I know I can cheat and just use the FMC to calc require fuel then adjust fuel accoringly after I see the destination full amounts. I don't really want to that but it might just have to do. I have a killer 767 fuel planner that have some what set the bar but i am looking for anything that will give me a good load sheet for FSX flying.Any suggestions out there?Thanks-Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

FS Build is your best bet, you have to find Performance Files for it to match the planes you are going to use. I use it for 744 MD11 NGX JS41 Duke etc. for smaller planes just use the Default FSX Planner.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yeah, I have checked out that aerotexas. Quick and easy.Is that calculator taking into consideration any winds aloft and ISA DEV or is it assuming direct and 0 wind?Also, what altitude is it assuming cruise to be at?I am comparing the output date from FltPlan. They are off by only 200#sThanks guys.

Benjamin Van Eps

FS Build takes into account WInd/Temp ISA Dev's, Weight, Step Climbs, TAS/Mach etc. It's very good

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

How easy is it to find perfornace files for it? I noticed there isn't one for the ERJ-135.

Benjamin Van Eps