Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

Meatwaters Voice packs

Hey while looking around I found the Meatwater addon voice pack - but the files are from a few years ago.Just wondering if anything has changed or are they a good addition and worth the time?Not that I have any problems with current voices but people seem to have liked these alot back then.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Hi i'm half way through downloading these, like you am interested in how they sound.I'd also strongly recommend going to flightsim voices and getting their us crew pack. Works great woth rc4, best $8 i've ever spent on flightsim i think.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Definitely a good addition. Simply makes the existing voices faster and less robotic.

Look forward to trying it out. Default voices aren't great. The voice pack i metioned definitely takes it up a notch, particularly with regard to the fo voices.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Meatrwater, I highly reccomend! What is this flightsim voices? Does it do ATC or just the pilots?

Thanks for the feedback. I will try the Meatwaters packs.I did look at the flightsim voices too.So since you have tried (or when you do try) both let me know witch you like best...if you get time.

Rob

Meatrwater, I highly reccomend! What is this flightsim voices? Does it do ATC or just the pilots?
I think it adds a couple of atc voices but id have to check. They're not all that much different.The fo voices seem excellent to me. It's basically a bunch of wav files, recorded for fdc, fspax, xpax, lds767 and rc4.I started using it with fspax and fdc and was enjoying it so much it made me go out and buy rc4 just to use the voices. So I guess I like it :)

Oz

Vox looks like it uses Microsofts voices. I can not stand those.I still have not loaded the Meatwaterpacks but want to make time this weekend.I just wonder if I can change the colors of the window/fonts used by RC4 in the sim. The red ones in the box seem really small and hard to read.

Rob

I have been thinking of switching to Vox ATC, looks many times better than RC4.
VoxATC also doesn't use your AI...it injects it's own AI traffic.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I am tempted to try the real ATC. Due to the size I am waiting for FS++ to send me the new link for the extended demo that works with RC4. I guess I was 1 of 2 individuals who had some mysteriouse problem and could not get MCE to use RC4. I am very impressed with their customer service so far for fixing this just to make 2 sales. What a great buch of guys over there.If anyone uses real ATC does it only have Europe and US? If so does it play these wavs in other parts of the world or does it only know it's specific region?

I think it adds a couple of atc voices but id have to check. They're not all that much different.The fo voices seem excellent to me. It's basically a bunch of wav files, recorded for fdc, fspax, xpax, lds767 and rc4.I started using it with fspax and fdc and was enjoying it so much it made me go out and buy rc4 just to use the voices. So I guess I like it :)
It is probably OK if you only fly in the USA but it is distinctly lacking in call-signs - see http://www.flightsim.../callsigns.html . Its a great shame the job is only half-done because in other respects it sounds to be a good quality add-on.John Edited by johnhinson

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I am tempted to try the real ATC. Due to the size I am waiting for FS++ to send me the new link for the extended demo that works with RC4. I guess I was 1 of 2 individuals who had some mysteriouse problem and could not get MCE to use RC4. I am very impressed with their customer service so far for fixing this just to make 2 sales. What a great buch of guys over there.If anyone uses real ATC does it only have Europe and US? If so does it play these wavs in other parts of the world or does it only know it's specific region?
Most of the 4400 files were captured in the US. However we did do 4 flights in Europe which are listed on the website and those are in the appropriate FIR's.. Most of the files have been striped of the city or control aspect and so they become generic and can be moved in Radar Contact to play wherever you like and with Enviro!32 you have complete control of what you hear. Hope this helps.

Hi Guys, I know this topic is rather old. (about a month) But I wanted to jump in here to clear up any misconceptions regarding Flight Sim Voices. U.S. Flight Crew Vol1.

It is probably OK if you only fly in the USA but it is distinctly lacking in call-signs - see http://www.flightsim.../callsigns.html . Its a great shame the job is only half-done because in other respects it sounds to be a good quality add-on.
Actually, it's meant to be this way. Hopefully in the near future, when there are are more languages and dialects, you'll have all the Callsigns in Radar Contact represented by the actual pilots that fly them. (An American in a Korean Airlines 747?) I made the decision to offer only American voices with American callsigns, to help keep the recording costs down and since the ultimate goal was to have the same voice in Radar Contact as in FDC or FS Passengers if you were using both.
I think it adds a couple of atc voices but id have to check. They're not all that much different.
No there are no ATC replacements. Only Pilots.
I started using it with fspax and fdc and was enjoying it so much it made me go out and buy rc4 just to use the voices. So I guess I like it :)
I think that is great you purchased RCv4 . It's a great product!