Sign in to follow this  
sweetmusic

Search Problem

Quick question: With the inability to search for small words (less then 3 characters), how would I search for "AI sounds"?Ironically, I can't search to see if this has been addressed.Thx

I used the search phrase ai+sounds and yielded plenty of results. Try it out and advise.

Thank you for your suggestion.When I tried searching for ai+sounds, the results included posts with "sounds" AND "ai", but included words like "aircraft" and "available". Although all results contained the word "sounds", some results never contained the standalone term "ai".Solution for me: Experimenting further, I searched for "ai sounds" (with a space and the quote marks). This worked, but the search strings found were not highlighted in yellow. :sad: To overcome this, I just searched the resulting web pages for "ai sound" using the browser's "Find" feature. :smile:Looks like including quote marks lets you search for two-letter words, but doesn't hightlight them.

Quick question: With the inability to search for small words (less then 3 characters), how would I search for "AI sounds"?Ironically, I can't search to see if this has been addressed.Thx
We have been down this road in the past. A three letter search could end up with tens of thousands of responses. Generating that result would cause the server to choke, all for a single search. We are not going to enable a three letter search as a result..

Hi Tom,I had not been down this road before, but agree with your position from a search performance perspective.My solution works for me. Thought I'd share it with others.Thanks