Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Airtrack and PMDG 737 NGX

I have it.My memory is that I didn't get it working with the ngx. There's specific instructions in the manual for how to make it work, but I didn't have much luck.Worked fine with default aircraft but i don't fly them so I haven't booted it again since the day i bought it. I think I have a short attention span but I'm a sucker for ipad apps, I'll buy anything that promises to interact with fsx or the ng. :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I have it.My memory is that I didn't get it working with the ngx. There's specific instructions in the manual for how to make it work, but I didn't have much luck.
Thats my only concern, it has a steep price (well for an iOS app) $25, and if it doesn't function well with the aircraft I primarily fly with then its a no purchase. These apps will shine with glass interface aircrafts.Doesn't project magenta do the same thing but is completely priced out of the hobby enthusiast? Their web site is filled with so much jargon its so hard for a layman like me to understand. I'm looking for something simple that can output instrument panels to an iOS device, a Mac computer, or a different monitor (I tried undocking and moving it over without much success. Tend to get a black screen and freeze most of the time).

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Pm is obviously in a different league, 40 times the price we're talking alut.25 bucks sounds expensive for an app, but i regularly spend that on fsx addons that I don't use, so in computer software terms its ok.Bought the app beause i hope they'll keep developing it til its useful for me. Will try reinstallingn and see if i can get the ngx to work. The also say that the fsx side of the app is being developed/supported by a different company. i was reallynlloking for pfd/nd functionality. Also would like a cdu, which was briefly released at the app store for the ngx.The on ipad app I regularly use with fsx is the igmap program from fswidgets. Quite amdifferent app from flighttrack, it really is only a moving map with some extra map features, butmit works flawlessly. Highly recommended.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Still on the fence on this one, but according to the developers which I e-mailed the MFD and PFD work with the NGX which is all I really need. Found a video:

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I bought Airtrack recently and it works great. However, I can't seem to get the FMC to work with FSX planes. Whenever I change the source in airtrack to FMC the plane in FSX would just flip from NAV to GPS and fly to 360 heading. It appears that the FMC on Airtrack has no control over the FSX planes.

Once they can fix this problem the app is nearly perfect, at least to me. Couple cosmetic improvements on MCP and Radio to make the adjustment sleeker would be nice though.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11