Sign in to follow this  
Sonny_Jim

New FU3 install, tips needed

Hi all,I'm just reinstalling FU3 after a HDD failure and I've got a few questions:1. What are the 'recommended' flt3.cfg options? I seem to remember that there was a 'mega' cfg floating around that fixed a lot of the issues with sky banding.2. I am using a PS2 joypad (I know, it's not great but it's allI have) and I've lost my joykeys.cfg, can someone post theirs so I can rebuild my one. I am particularly interested in how you can cycle the views on a button press, how to stop the throttle being auto assigned to one of the axis (I prefer it on the X and square buttons)Any help greatfully accepted and thanks to all those guys who have sent me the updates on DVD!

Wow!Dying breed we at the FU3 forum... :( In general I never changed any cfg parameters since day 1 (when FU3 was brand new from the box). I just transfered it form HD to HD as time passed and upgrades made. I even have a backup copy of the folder as it is on DVD and copy it to HD as and when needed. The only change I have in the scenery cfg is to enable the scenery to be read form the HD.Pieter

Edited by Pieter

Hi Sonny Jim,As Pieter said, a dying breed !I too have never messed with the . cfg file and just turn the haze setting up to mask the sky banding a little.I use the following joykeys .cfg for my Logitech stick, which works pretty well.I would also like to be able to cycle through all the external views available with a single button press but have never managed to crack that one.Regards.......Stuart;joykeys.cfg;For: CH Products Virtual Pilot Pro Yoke;By: John Voznak;Notes: Place file in your Flight3 directory---------------------------------------------;;joy_1 Toggle_Parking_Brakesjoy_2 Start_Enginejoy_3_rep_10 Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_4_rep_10 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_5 Flaps_Upjoy_6 Flaps_Downjoy_7 Toggle_Landing_Gearjoy_8 console func Reverse_Thrust && func SpeedBrakes joy_9 console func left_brake_on && func right_brake_onjoy_9_up console func left_brake_off && func right_brake_off;;no settings for the right hat switch;

Here's the flt3.cfg I've been using for years. However, the joystick setup will certainly not work unless you have a stick and rudder pedals. By the same token, joystick.cfg commands will bind to different buttons with different control devices. If so, just swap the numbers (joy_1 etc) until you get it the way you want it.Note: I had to rename flt3.cfg into flt3.txt to make the uploader accept it. CFGs as well as ZIPs aren't allowed here.