Sign in to follow this  
SAAF

USS Enterprise (Alphasim)

Hi All,I recently acquired the excellent VRS Superbug for FS9, after a few flight I decided to set out and find a few carriers to use with it.I eventually found the Alphasim USS Enterprise v2, but once I installed it, I found that it only appearedin Norfolk ( The install file said I had to copy textures into the other 9 CVN-65 locations) however,I don't have 9 other locations.Does anyone know where to get the original base package with all 10 locations as I cannot find it in their freeware directoryor under any Virtavia Products.I already have Flight Deck 6 and ArrCab Carriers with 3wire, but I would like the Alphasim Enterprise as it is still a superior quality product.Many Thanks, SAAF(Ashton)

Hi All,I recently acquired the excellent VRS Superbug for FS9, after a few flight I decided to set outand find a few carriers to use with it.I eventually found the Alphasim USS Enterprise v2, but once I installed it, I found that it only appearedin Norfolk ( The install file said I had to copy textures into the other 9 CVN-65 locations) however,I don't have 9 other locations.Does anyone know where to get the original base package with all 10 locations as I cannot find it in their freeware directoryor under any Virtavia Products.I already have Flight Deck 6 and ArrCab Carriers with 3wire, but I would like the Alphasim Enterprise as it is still a superior quality product.Many Thanks,SAAF(Ashton)
I think you may be out of luck Ashton. When AlphaSim went out of business, Virtavia took over a number of their products but I don't think the Enterprise was one of them. I'm not sure that it's available anymore. The one you are using was an authorized freeware version that was released on AVSIM a few years back. The payware one is identical except as you said, it has numerous locations and also has AI operations...Good luck with finding it as it's a great product and I use it often. But if not, at least you have the Norfolk oneCheersIan

The Alphasim Enterprise source files were handed over by the originl designer, Carl Edwards, to the scenery group Team SDB Scenery. We have solicited the help of Sylvain Parouty or Clemenceau carrier fame to bring it into FSX Acceleration.

We will also be re-releasing the FS9 version with updates from Robert Baum that Alphasim decided to to make avaliable.

You can see screenshots on the Team SDB Scenery page on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TeamSDB.scenery . The model is being updated weekly so the pictures are not the latest. If you are on facebook "Like" the page and you'll be notified of updates.

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

Wow - the screen shots look superb! The original FS9 Alphasim Enterprise is still excellent IMO so an update will really put the icing on the cake!