Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FSX / FS9 Blueprint KJFK with appr lead-ins to the 13s

FSX / FS9 Blueprint KJFK with approach lead-in lights (strobes) to the 13s.Looks good.http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KJFK.html

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

With FSDT's version out there, God only knows why they made this. Would have done much better IMO to do KEWR.

Eric 

Hi,I agree, not sure what the thinking was in making another KJFK since its been done by FSDT.

With FSDT's version out there, God only knows why they made this. Would have done much better IMO to do KEWR.
Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi, I agree, not sure what the thinking was in making another KJFK since its been done by FSDT.
Plus, Blueprint doesn't come close to modeling JFK the way FSDT has done. I love flying in and out of JFK now I have their (FSDT) scenery.

Plus, Blueprint doesn't come close to modeling JFK the way FSDT has done. I love flying in and out of JFK now I have their (FSDT) scenery.
So true....

Many might not agree with me but I am a HUGE fan of Blueprints airports. There rendition of my home airport KDTW is superb, and so are my KLAX and KDFW. I get wonderful frames and on all their airports. I will use KJFK shortly. The only issue I have with BP is no moving jetways. Having said that their work IMHO is wonderful and so appropriate for those of us that don't have the fastest systems. When ever I had an issue with BP they responded in a day. KJFK has been a bear on frames and I hope that the BP offering solves a lot of frame problems I have experienced in other software.Bob

They 'd have a nice niche if they did the smaller regional airports instead of these Hub airports, you'd buy their stuff just because no-one else would be likely to do it.But the KJFK decision I have to admit seems to defy logic.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Many might not agree with me but I am a HUGE fan of Blueprints airports. There rendition of my home airport KDTW is superb, and so are my KLAX and KDFW. I get wonderful frames and on all their airports. I will use KJFK shortly. The only issue I have with BP is no moving jetways. Having said that their work IMHO is wonderful and so appropriate for those of us that don't have the fastest systems. When ever I had an issue with BP they responded in a day. KJFK has been a bear on frames and I hope that the BP offering solves a lot of frame problems I have experienced in other software.Bob
Just be aware that they're recommending no one buy it unless they have an i5 or stronger processor (FSX version). They said this scenery is hard on fps, so it is nice that they are being upfront about that. Edited by curt1

Just be aware that they're recommending no one buy it unless they have an i5 or stronger processor (FSX version). They said this scenery is hard on fps, so it is nice that they are being upfront about that.
I would imagine that it's harder on FPS than the FSDT version is just because of the way they model their sceneries. The FSDT version actually gives me a lot better FPS than the default version all while looking a lot better and providing more detail.than the stock JFK.Frankly, I am surprised they did JFK since the FSDT version is so good and easy on FPS already, I'd rather they spend their time on smaller regional airports that no other developer like FSDT or FlyTampa are going to touch anyway. I would buy a KABQ, KTUS, and KOKC if they would do those since most likely no one else will thouch them.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm also find myself scratching my head with some of BP's choices, like KLAX or KDFW. I can only imagine they offer these duplicate airports because they are cheaper, and many people have older systems that choke on the better payware versions. They really should broaden their (and our) horizons by tackling the oft ignored smaller fields, or airports with obsolete payware like KEWR, as mentioned above.

When I consider default scenery with moving jetways and updated AFCAD's and sceneries against sceneries without moving jetways seems like a step backwards to me. I have promised myself that I would not purchase any more sceneries without moving jetways even if they sometimes go below ground level.

I'm considering buying some of Blueprint's other airports such as the Latin Americas, etc as I already have the FSDT versions of what they are offering.Just a general question, how good or how recommended are their sceneries? Is it worth the buy?Thoughts/suggestions/critique, please.

Rick,I have BluePrint's KDTW (FS9 and FSX) and KJFK (FSX).They did a great job on both.They did a great job on the lead-in lights (strobes) on KJFK ... I tested FSDT prior .. I had low frame rates and did not like their simulation of the lead-in lights.I do not use jetwys .. I have for testing and a look around a few times.I will purchase more airports from Blueprint.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Rick,I have BluePrint's KDTW (FS9 and FSX) and KJFK (FSX).They did a great job on both.They did a great job on the lead-in lights (strobes) on KJFK ... I tested FSDT prior .. I had low frame rates and did not like their simulation of the lead-in lights.I do not use jetwys .. I have for testing and a look around a few times.I will purchase more airports from Blueprint.
Hi VaughanThanks for that input. As I fly quite a lot from EHAM(NL 2000)-SAEZ(default FSX) and LSZH(FSDT)-SBGR with the PMDG 747-400X and PMDG MD-11X, I wanted to know before I purchased what their quality was like as I intend to buy their Canada,Latin America,and Caribbean airports.

I have only one BP airport: Memphis KMEM. What always surprises me about BP sceneries is the modeling: it's usually very good. The buildings always seem to be done really well. But what always bums me out is the texturing. The texturing of the terminals is sort of the same for all their airports. It always strikes me as buying more or less the same airport in a different layout, if you get what I mean. That's also the reason I don't have any of their other sceneries: I can't get over that generic texturing. If they'd spend more time on that, make each airport look more unique, I'd buy mroe from them...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case