Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FSX / FS9 Blueprint KJFK with appr lead-ins to the 13s

I have only one BP airport: Memphis KMEM. What always surprises me about BP sceneries is the modeling: it's usually very good. The buildings always seem to be done really well. But what always bums me out is the texturing. The texturing of the terminals is sort of the same for all their airports. It always strikes me as buying more or less the same airport in a different layout, if you get what I mean. That's also the reason I don't have any of their other sceneries: I can't get over that generic texturing. If they'd spend more time on that, make each airport look more unique, I'd buy mroe from them...
I seldom leave the cockpit views.I enjoy more the technical side of flights .. aircraft systems, preflight, route planning, weather, procedures, departures. arrivals .. keeps me very busy!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I seldom leave the cockpit views.I enjoy more the technical side of flights .. aircraft systems, preflight, route planning, weather, procedures, departures. arrivals .. keeps me very busy!
Well yes of course, same here, but I also want something nice to look at while I'm doing all that :( Besides, you don't have to be in exterior view to look at airport scenery, unless of course your cockpit windows are extrenmely dirty...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have their KMSP scenery and it's cool.The thing I like about their JFK scenery is that it shows how the airport looks in present time (I'm speaking of Terminal 4 and Terminal 6). FSDT isn't really up to date.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I have their KMSP scenery and it's cool.The thing I like about their JFK scenery is that it shows how the airport looks in present time (I'm speaking of Terminal 4 and Terminal 6). FSDT isn't really up to date.
They will be doing an update though. Not sure when they release it. But I have to agree on that point: BP generally has up-to-date versions of airports. Also their KIND is the most up-to-date version around.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have only one BP airport: Memphis KMEM. What always surprises me about BP sceneries is the modeling: it's usually very good. The buildings always seem to be done really well. But what always bums me out is the texturing. The texturing of the terminals is sort of the same for all their airports. It always strikes me as buying more or less the same airport in a different layout, if you get what I mean. That's also the reason I don't have any of their other sceneries: I can't get over that generic texturing. If they'd spend more time on that, make each airport look more unique, I'd buy mroe from them...
I've always thought the exact same thing!!I own KDAL, KMEM, KHOU, and KSDF and your right in the aspect that all the terminals and buildings look like they are using similar textures. There's nothing wrong with the modeling of the sceneries, but for me if they would just hire a good texture artist to take care of the graphics their airports would be a lot better. The only other thing that really bugs me about their airports is the big square photoreal ground patch that comes with the airports, which in most cases doesn't really blend very well with surrounding GEX textures. Rather than just plop a big square of photoreal down, I would rather they do it like FSDT does and use some of the airports surrounding roads as a border for the photoreal and then blend and color correct the photo textures to blend in.with the default or GEX textures. I usually just remove the photo bgl from their airports and do my own thing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSDT also had lead in lights for their KJFK, but only at night. Will Blueprint's KJFK lead in lights work in the daytime? If so, then that would be an achievement worth crowing about.

Edited by 767fan